Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Squeeze + Good Flop

I had been playing pretty standard, my image was good etc. and decided to squeeze here. Villain is quite agrro, I was going to call a shove. I was wondering if check-raising might be a good option here or do you just lead out like I did?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $25.10
Hero (BB): $33.55
UTG: $26.20
CO: $25.00
BTN: $10.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.85</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, CO calls $2.65, SB folds

Flop: ($7.85) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>
Old 07-08-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Squeeze + Good Flop

Playing against an aggro player here like this is not good. Don't squeeze them, they often like to play back with marginal hands. I would sooner squeeze a TAG opener than a LAG one.

On the flop, I prefer a check raise all in as opposed to a bet/call. A free card is also not exactly the worst news for your hand and he will often bet air on the flop hoping you missed with AK or are giving up on JJ.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:42 PM

I think leading the flop is fine.

You were calling a 4-bet shove preflop? Unless Villain is psychotic, that just seems crazy to me. I mean, I like the spirit behind such a call, but you do realize that against even just a hand like AT, you're somewhere in the range of a 9:5 dog?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:43 PM

really no reason to squeeze here. as played betting the flop is good.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You were calling a 4-bet shove preflop? Unless Villain is psychotic, that just seems crazy to me. I mean, I like the spirit behind such a call, but you do realize that against even just a hand like AT, you're somewhere in the range of a 9:5 dog?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was calling a shove on the flop, not PF. I am a flip against AA.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:57 PM

no reason not to lead, you have the initiative and can take it down most of the time
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was calling a shove on the flop, not PF. I am a flip against AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, okay. Calling a shove on the flop is fine.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:06 AM

You are not going to take it down when you are behind, and he seems aggressive enough to bet it with air. A whole bunch of turn cards help you, and while he could run into a pair better than yours, I think the likelihood of him betting any two cards is enough to make a check here at least a very close competitor to simply betting out, and I think that it is in fact more profitable.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 AM

The reason why I thought a C/R might be good was that if I check they are almost certainly betting. A vast majority of the time I am ahead and even the times they actually have something I surely have outs. Therefore I thought it might be worth going for some extra value. The most likely scenario in my head was I check, they bet, I raise all in, they fold.

Doesn't betting out miss out on value you would have otherwise gained from them betting with air/marginal holdings? (which isn't even offset by the times they have a hand that much at all from what I can deduce).
Old 07-09-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are not going to take it down when you are behind, and he seems aggressive enough to bet it with air. A whole bunch of turn cards help you, and while he could run into a pair better than yours, I think the likelihood of him betting any two cards is enough to make a check here at least a very close competitor to simply betting out, and I think that it is in fact more profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, that was what I began to suspected as I thought more about the hand.