Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 PM

Default 25NL (9Max): Blind war.

Is this OK? I always seems getting carried away when playing at blinds.

How would you play? Comment on all street please.

Only 3 orbits on Villain. Seems a bit passive.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($24.05)
CO ($24.65)
Button ($50.20)
Hero ($25.10)
BB ($21.10)
UTG ($10.75)
UTG+1 ($13.10)
MP1 ($20.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

River: ($2.80) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>,
Old 07-08-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: 25NL (9Max): Blind war.

Folded to the sb, if you are going to play I subscribe to raise ATC in the position. I am also not opposed to just folding and going on to the next hand. I really hate the complete. If I am the BB and SB just calls, I will raise ATC on you. I dont have a link, but in SSNL there was a very good post on heads up blind play.. Just search on Raise that [censored] up.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:23 AM

What does raise "ATC" mean?

Yeah, I read the SSNL about raising in SB when folding to you. However, I find it usually don't work well for me. Dunno why. I find it works better to completes and bet out on the Flop. The success rate seems higher for me.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:09 AM

The idea of folding T7 preflop is silly (unless the BB is amazingly super duper hyper aggressive, but you've already indicated they're not). Your initial odds are 3:1, and it's an average hand. I wouldn't have bet the flop w/ T high, but I don't think it's a bad play. If you're going to check the turn, you may as well fold to their bet. Check/ calling here is weak, especially if you're checking b/c you fear they have a J or K. Do you have any reads that make your river play a positive one? Are you attempting to convince them you back doored into a flush? Or is there some reason you now believe they don't have a J or K? They'll call you, possibly raise, if they do. You said they seemed passive, well their play on the turn wasn't, so I'd fold there. Really, I'd have bet the turn and check/ folded the river.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does raise "ATC" mean?

Yeah, I read the SSNL about raising in SB when folding to you. However, I find it usually don't work well for me. Dunno why. I find it works better to completes and bet out on the Flop. The success rate seems higher for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ATC = any two cards

I would be raising this if I decided to play. I would be deciding if I wanted to play based on my read.

Nothing is wrong with folding this.

What is a passive player betting the turn with?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:05 PM

I really suck at playing raised pot OOP. I feel like I am losing $$ raising as SB. However, if I am BB and SB completes, I definitely raise it up with ATC.

About the Turn play, I always gets fancy playing as blinds. I feel that the passive player can bet with an J, 8, 7. But he might not call down if I be the River.

Well, I don't know. Feels like in BvB, hand ranges are so wide that I always get too cute with my play = (
Old 07-09-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really suck at playing raised pot OOP. I feel like I am losing $$ raising as SB. However, if I am BB and SB completes, I definitely raise it up with ATC.

About the Turn play, I always gets fancy playing as blinds. I feel that the passive player can bet with an J, 8, 7. But he might not call down if I be the River.

Well, I don't know. Feels like in BvB, hand ranges are so wide that I always get too cute with my play = (

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, OOP always sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

However, if you raise this you may not even have to play a flop. Also, this hand is bad enough that you aren't sacrificing any implied odds that would have in limping.

It all comes down to the range of hands that you think the villain would play with. For example, would he call the flop without a pair? Would he bet that turn with a pair of fours or less? It sounds like you are getting a bit overwhelmed and maybe you just need to keep it simple by asking yourself what hands he would play like this.

Also, if you can get reads on your opponents you will have this great feeling of understanding the table and you will be able to make more informed decisions.

(Yeah, yeah. I am the read enforcer.)