Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 10:36 PM

Default QQ UTG

UB 0.05-0.10

Villian plays well, have not seen many showdowns from him, seems to be able to read hands well and play position.

My image should be tight. Not played many hands, a few standard raises that I laid down to reraises.

I call hoping to hit a set figure I am up against AK at the worst. A on the flop makes this an easy fold, right?

Hero is at seat 0 with $8.77.
UTG+1 is at seat 1 with $9.90.
LP is at seat 5 with $4.14.
CO is at seat 6 with $27.54.
The button is at seat 7.

Hero is UTG: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pre-flop:

Hero raises to $.35. UTG+1 calls. 2 folds. LP calls. CO
re-raises to $1.75. 3 folds.
Hero calls. UTG+1 calls. LP
folds.

Flop (board: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]):

Hero checks. UTG+1 checks. CO bets
$2. Hero ???
Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: QQ UTG

If he's not a tard he's not betting this flop into 2 people w/o the ace.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:17 AM

Yeah, would be silly to do that.

I guess I was wondering about my pre-flop play. Was the call of the reraise correct? Am I getting the implied odds to call for a set or should I play it stronger and reraise to get it all in with QQ?

Can't fold, right? Is calling OOP and check folding weak?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 AM

i shove preflop after his reraise. callings ok but i prefer to get it all in pre. if your up against AA/KK thats ul. with <JJ i call his raise but i reraise with QQ
Old 07-09-2007, 10:58 AM

I try not to commit myself to QQ most of the time preflop especially if you say he's a pretty decent player, however in this situation I would have also shoved since he could be reraising here with any decent pocket pair putting you on garbage like JQ or KQ (depends what you have been raising with) and wanting to get rid of that extra caller anyway definitely a fold on the flop
Old 07-09-2007, 11:15 AM

Preflop:

Raise to $0.40 (4xBB). With the stack sizes as they are, you do NOT have the implied odds to set farm here (you need 11.7:1 to do that and you don't have it), so if you think you're behind, you can't call profitably.

That said, if you think his 3bet range is that tight in that it's AK or KK or AA, you should fold. But if you really feel that it's AK or AQ, call and see a flop.

I should state that I very very RARELY 4 bet, as some will advocate doing. I'm of the mind that if you do, the only hands that call/push have you at AT BEST a coin flip. So I don't mind seeing a flop here.

But on the flop you have to fold as this flop pretty much smacks villains range right in the gut.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:57 AM

Fill up preflop thats an extra 13bb's in this spot.

In this spot you should have an idea of the CO and what he is doing. Has he squeezed before with that many people in the pot? You also stated that you have laid down to reraises. Does he read you weak and raising you very light?

As Felix stated, you cant call here strictly to set farm. In grey areas like this, you can fold and find a better spot. If you think the CO is doing this farely light or with a wide range, then IMO you should 4bet and get it in prior to seeing a flop. Any ace or king on the flop is gonna be hard to play and folding is meh. An under card flop and you are probably going to get it in anyways. With your stack, if your gonna continue, 4bet. If not fold.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should state that I very very RARELY 4 bet, as some will advocate doing. I'm of the mind that if you do, the only hands that call/push have you at AT BEST a coin flip. So I don't mind seeing a flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]I 100% agree. Way to many people are way to overaggro preflop with Queens and don't realize what you are saying.