Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 07:49 PM

Default $25NL line check, pretty standard hand

I really suck at these spots, villan is pretty average running 44/4 over maybe ~60 hands, I guess a 9 is a huge part of his range when he donks into me but so are worse Aces, folding just seems so weak, whats your standard line in these spots? Call flop and re-eval turn, raise flop/fold to re-raise?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($28.10)
UTG ($43.45)
MP ($24.65)
Hero ($25.60)
SB ($25.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
BB calls $0.25, UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($3) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, Hero?

Sorry if this is boring.. I find myself losing to much in these spots.
Thanks all
Old 07-08-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: $25NL line check, pretty standard hand

I usually go for pot control in this hand. Raise his flop bet to $3 and check the turn if he calls and call a river bet, bet if checked to again. Fold if he 3-bets you on the flop.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:38 PM

$1 flop bet in no way defines his hand to a 9 or a weak ace.

You need to define his hand further by repopping him to $3 and then re-eval according to his actions.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You need to define his hand further by repopping him to $3 and then re-eval according to his actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he has you beat he takes your money but if he doesn't he doesn't lose any? Try again...

Call the flop bet to extract value. I'm pegging him on a range comprised of a weak ace or a bluff and raising won't do you any good here.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:46 PM

9 is rare in this situation, more like Ax, PP or just a random donk bet. I think you lose tons of value by just calling this down. Folding here is absolutely impossible. I RR and fold to a shove. You want to extract as much as possible out of a 44/4 guy, that's why I'd rather bet turn, and not check for pot-control. If he calls you down, you can still chk behind on river.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he has you beat he takes your money but if he doesn't he doesn't lose any? Try again...

Call the flop bet to extract value. I'm pegging him on a range comprised of a weak ace or a bluff and raising won't do you any good here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has us beat he'll let us know soon enough, but if he doesn't, he'll lose much more than he can win. This is a case of valuebetting imo.

btw: we really need his AF to make a good decision.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has us beat he'll let us know soon enough, but if he doesn't, he'll lose much more than he can win. This is a case of valuebetting imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Valuebetting what? The turn? Of course you should bet the turn. You were bet into on the flop, it's not a question of valuebetting, it's a question of re-raising or calling.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:02 PM

Stronger aces are part of his range too. I'd probably repop him here though as I think this sort of bet says mostly weak ace. I don't think you are going to get much out of lower pairs anyways unless he has some high AF in which case I would consider a call.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:06 PM

Standard line from a donk on this board:
Donk bet/call raise, check/call the turn, open push the river with a 9. This is a very popular line and which is why I advocated raising flop, checking turn, calling river or betting if checked to. We have nothing to protect from, we don't want to be blown off our hand, and it gets value.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:07 PM

Yeah I agree, pretty silly post I guess just seems I run into these spots alot and lose to much, flop raise is pretty obv. Thanks anyway.

Edit: woops got a few replies while I was typing this out, flop/turn/river AF is 2/3/1.2.