Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 05:56 PM

Default OH pokerstars why art thou bustin\' meh again !?

Played some 100PLO last night and games were really dumping-money style so i sat down to 2 tables with a santa-clause who played just retarded, to relieve him of some of his money. I had a pretty good picture of this dudes play- he was playing drunken style (top pair iz teh nutz and AA is shove any flop)... but OBV skill has nothing to do when pokerstars is yet to say the final verdict aka "the river"
Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $118.05
HERO: $149
Button: $100.85
SB: $96.50
BB: $100

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, HERO raises to $3, Button raises to $10.5, 2 folds, HERO calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($22.5, 2 players)
HERO checks, Button bets $10, HERO calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($42.5, 2 players)
HERO checks, Button bets $40.5, HERO raises to $81, Button calls all-in $39.85.
Uncalled bets: $0.65 returned to HERO.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($203.2, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $203.2)

Results: in white
<font color="white">HERO shows [Td Ks 8d 7h] (two pair, Kings and Eights)
Button: shows [Qd 9h 6s 4h] (a straight, Five to Nine
Button collected $201.20 from pot </font>
so i got the retard to put his money in with a 77,5 to 22,5 equity and he just rivers the gutshot on me! thats what u get when u think u have your opponent all figured out

Second hand is similar to first, villain is essentially dominated but yet the gods decide to reward him for his yber-dominating-metagame of leaving yourself an image of a retard and then suck out.
Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
HERO: $182.20
CO: $67.90
Button: $95.50
SB: $473.90
BB: $109.80

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
HERO calls, CO raises to $4.5, 3 folds, HERO calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($10.5, 2 players)
HERO checks, CO bets $7, HERO raises to $31, CO calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($72.5, 2 players)
HERO bets $70.5, CO calls all-in $32.4.
Uncalled bets: $38.1 returned to HERO.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($137.3, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $137.3)

Results:
<font color="white">HERO: shows [Td 9c 3d Ah] (two pair, Aces and Tens)
CO: shows [6c 8c As 7s] (a flush, Ace high)
CO collected $135.30 from pot </font>

i'm pissed, i'm busto, i'm out... poker rewards retards, i'm going to get hammered
tho i would still like to hear comments: am i playing right the kind of guy who plays 100% of his hands and bets like a moron, so that u know when his got it and when he doesn't?
whatever &amp; peace
Old 07-08-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: OH pokerstars why art thou bustin\' meh again !?

You are playing this fine. The second one the guy made a decent stab at the pot, probably should have folded. On the turn he has 12 outs to nuts and is auto calling.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:44 PM

I don't think you played these hands great by any means.

H1) is a weak hand to raise in that position, and a weak hand to call a reraise oop. The flop I guess is a call given read and the small flop bet. I just lead the turn into him and not get tricky with a c/r, you want to take it down on the turn here if you can.

H2) Limping UTG is ugly and calling a reraise is ugly too, again oop. Just because the guy is bad doesn't mean you can play any 4 cards oop against raises. These hands arn't going to give you many winners, and if he's going to bet a wide range of holdings on flop/turn then you should be more selective in your starting hands so you can continue more frequently with stronger hands or draws. Yes in this hand you are proven right because you flop top two, but against this guy with top pair + FD + gut shot straight and being shortstacked you gotta understand that hes not completely drawing dead here. Too bad you couldn't of reloaded and kept playing. GG Bankroll management.

I'll give you one thing, you have good game selection.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:38 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutshot
Old 07-09-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are playing this fine. The second one the guy made a decent stab at the pot, probably should have folded. On the turn he has 7 outs to nuts and is auto calling.

[/ QUOTE ]