Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 04:31 PM

Default $50NL AQ: Where did I go wrong?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $79.60
BB: $65.15
UTG: $37.80
MP: $54.80
Hero (CO): $49.75
BTN: $123.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($6.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, BTN calls $5.00, SB folds

Turn: ($16.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, BTN calls $7.00

River: ($30.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $30.00</font>

Is this an easy fold at $50NL? Is it safe to assume when raised on the river that one-pair is no good?

Also, should I have bet the turn harder?
Old 07-08-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: $50NL AQ: Where did I go wrong?

I bet $10 on the turn.

I'm not sure I like the river block/fold. I doubt you have any value here at all because he probably isn't calling the flop w/o an Ace unless it made two pair on the turn. He def. isn't calling a river bet w/o an Ace so it's best to check/call a smallish bet and fold to $20 or more.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:51 PM

I would probably pay off, but -- let's face it -- most likely Villain has QhJh or JhTh or KhTh or AK or 99 or something (well, once he min-raises that's most likely what he's got, in any case). You're mostly hoping for a river-bluffraise from a busted gutshot or, like, a stubborn 88.

Probably I bet a little bigger on the turn. We did just hit our hand, after all.

On the river, I think I like a check, although I think you will get called by KQ/KJ/KT sometimes.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:59 PM

Bet more on the turn, yeah.

Fold on the river. You're getting 5:1, but there's no way you're ahead. No need to pay off here. He's not repopping you with KQ.

Definitely bet, though. You'll get called by a lot of crap that you have beat. If you check, you open yourself up to a really hard decision if he bets big at you.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: ($6.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet 4/5 pot on flop while you have nothing, but A-high, and you bet 2/5 on turn with TPTK, thats' bad IMO.
So bet less on flop and more on turn.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet 4/5 pot on flop while you have nothing, but A-high, and you bet 2/5 on turn with TPTK, thats' bad IMO.
So bet less on flop and more on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd really bet less on this flop?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:02 PM

Any reads on the villan? I like the flop bet on this board, I probably bet about $12 on the turn, I think reads play a part on how to play river, I guess he could have 33 or 99 if he's pretty bad, not sure what sort of hand he gets to river like this with? His range just seems so wide I probably pay him off.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any reads on the villan? I like the flop bet on this board, I probably bet about $12 on the turn, I think reads play a part on how to play river, I guess he could have 33 or 99 if he's pretty bad, not sure what sort of hand he gets to river like this with? His range just seems so wide I probably pay him off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. He isn't a terrible player but I totally let him off the hook on the turn. Ended up paying him off...he had 10-J of hearts.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:40 PM

Nobody considering checking turn? I'm sure I check this here a lot. lol, Jesus, maybe that's a huge leak though.

Betting turn folds the K that might have called flop and might yet call river UI. Alternatively, if we are betting for value, I really doubt AJ- is calling flop to be honest, so I'm not sure where the value is coming from.

And what draws have called flop? QJ type gutshots? The odd hh hand that's hit a b/d fd? Dunno, those don't seem hugely likely to me.

Finally, we only have a 1p hand, and a bet of $11 or $12 will really bloat an already big pot. So I'd rather take it easy here.

If turn goes c/c, we still have river to deal with, and I think I block-vb $11, hoping for value from worse hands and denying villain the opportunity to bluff me off the hand (a bluff raise here is very rare IMO).

Is that line awful?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:43 PM

I like a turn check/call/block river