Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Very,very lost with Jacks - 100NL

reg probably about 25/20 who has stole the blinds a fair bit while ive been at the table raises on the button to 4 i reraise to 15 with jj. he calls after some thought.

Flop is : 10 7 6 with two hearts. I bet 20 into a pot of 30, he raises to 55. He has 60 dollars left and I cover.

Further info: I havent had many hands on this table and am probably viewed as tight - i have played about 40 hands so far and this is the first time i have three bet.

It seems that the flop bet is spew - i cant really see worse hands calling (draws maybe). All comments appreciated - I was very lost here
Old 07-08-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Very,very lost with Jacks - 100NL

It is close between folding and calling/shoving a safe turn, originally I thought that it was a clear fold, but the more I think about it, the more that I begin to realize that a big semibluff is in a 25/20's range, as is 99 and 88.

As far as the flop bet being a spew, I wouldn't say so. If you are only betting extremely safe flops in reraised pots, you will become very easy to play against.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:14 PM

as said marginal although probs shove. could see A10 could see flush draw. unlikely to see QQ+ would expect reraise pre. Shove.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:18 PM

fold or shove w/e high variance spot

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the flop bet being a spew, I wouldn't say so. If you are only betting extremely safe flops in reraised pots, you will become very easy to play against.

[/ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't worry about becoming predictable in specific spots when you rarely play the same people for thousands of hands.