Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Interesting overpair hand @ 50NL

It was said that the hand is worthy of its own thread, so here it is:

I don't have a read on villian except that he's tight and has raised all the hands he's played. Small sample size though. But, even without a read...he's a decent opp. He's reraising TT+ here and I'm ahead of any broadway holdings he might have called preflop with.

So, his range is made up of small pairs and possibly some SCs.
Now, on that board, it's clear I either have a big pair or broadway. He's UTG and limped. I don't think he openlimps SCs UTG because he's raised all his hands so far. But even so, he openlimped and called my raise. Then he c/r the flop HU vs me after the BB folded. My range here is overpairs and broadway so he's not worried about straight draws if he has 2pr or a set. So the raise is not to protect his hand.

If he has a straight, he's not c/ring flop here. He's gonna c/c flop and take a various line on the turn. But he doesn't wanna chase me away. Same goes for a set.
So, I really don't see him having a hand that has me beat. I put him on precisely 77 here. (that might sound like that's exactly what he did have. I'm not saying that..)

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $46.25
BB: $80.30
UTG: $45.00
MP: $44.60
CO: $56.05
Hero (BTN): $51.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP checks, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls $2.75, UTG calls $2.75, MP folds

Flop: ($10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.50</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $23.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $47.80</font>, UTG calls all-in for $18.75
Uncalled bet of $6.05 returned to Hero

Turn: ($93.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($93.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $93.50 ($3 Rake)
Old 07-08-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Interesting overpair hand @ 50NL

puttin villian on 1 hand range?? not a good idea. And i don see how your 100% sure that villian is not c/r with like a set?? If villian is decent he should be bettin this flop or c/ring this flop w/ say a set. If villian is tight and raises all the hands he plays up to this point my guess a limp UTG from him is a small-mid PP so i think like 55-88 is def in his range. Also maybe SCs put he should fold these OOP to your raise. Against villian range i think your fliping at best here and your push on flop probably doesnt have a whole lot of FE, soo id fold to his raise on flop.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:46 PM

I had a similar hand and folded to the flop RR. Overpairs crush you, and the only thing you beat is TPTK which is the worst hand they would play like that with, and 77.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM

lol Gullanian. then why use pokertracker if on an 8 high flop you'd have me worried about overpairs from a 20/20 who just openlimped, at a 50NL table no less, where preflop aggression is as common as hair is on a frog.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:57 PM

yup, put em on a hand you beat and call.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:02 PM

This is such an easy fold it's crazy. You're up against two pair, a set, a made straight, or TT+ almost everytime here.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:05 PM

mhm...because @ 50NL people never slowplay EVER and they know that you should play strong hands fast.
That and the fact that a 20/20 NEVER RERAISES TT+

right?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yup, put em on a hand you beat and call.

[/ QUOTE ]
well yes. would be retarded to put em on a hand i beat and fold, or a hand i don't beat and call, wouldn't it?

I generally either put them on a hand i beat and call or on a hand i don't beat and fold. Seems pretty basic, no?

And no, i didn't put him on that hand cause i wanted to call. i did cause nothing else made sense.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:09 PM

So, let me guess, he had 77 and you came here to confirm how brilliant you are
Old 07-08-2007, 05:13 PM

So you put him on a small pair or sc and then felt 99 on an 865 flop. lol.