Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 03:31 PM

Default Sheet Music Online?

Anyone know good sheet music sites online?
Old 02-23-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Sheet Music Online?

Free sheet music? They're hard to come by. Do a google search. What instrument? If you type the name of a song into google images it sometimes yields some results.

P2P networks are also pretty good.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:30 PM

There is an old thread that dealt with songs Bruiser should learn on the piano to impress chicks. I made a post in that thread with a link to a free sheet music portal. I'm too lazy to search for it, but I remember the thread was started by EL D.

It's not much, but if you look around you can probably find something you'd like.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:35 PM

Last time I looked around for this I didn't find much sheet music on the web. Many places will sell it to you though. There are mountains of free guitar tab out there though. Tab is quite unsophisticated though but can be translated to the sheet if you know what you are doinng and have a reference recording. Tab is not the ideal notation because it is so simple it generally is lacking in certain areas like timing details and style issues.

I can read some music but generally could not translate tab to standard notation. I can play off tab though, especially if I have that recording.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:03 PM

Yeah I should have specified. I can read music and have been playing the guitar for about 10 years. I am starting to learn how to play the piano and am looking to buy some sheet music for some songs I like in addition to learning the basics. I was just wondering if anyone had a certain site which they bought from without any problems and/or had good prices. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:34 PM

I haven't used sheet music in so long. I have been playing for so long that my ear can pretty much pick up on most anything. If you have been playing guitar for ten years, then piano should come very easily to you from what I hear. Other friends of mine play both, and say that learning to play guitar first helped them so much. They also say that if you can figure something out on a guitar, then it's even easier to figure it out on piano. I have no idea if thats true as I don't have a piano to find out on [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

As for free sheet music, BT client sites usually have some ebooks of it (but I don't condone that sort of thing as it is stealing)
Old 02-23-2006, 08:45 PM

This is an easy, though not incredibly comprehensive listing of classical sheet music.

Most other sites (most sheet music sites in general) are pretty unorganized, but they're out there.

TPK