Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Some quick dumb questions for a tax problem

Ahh my CPA is closed today and i want to ship these off ASAP. Didnt know where to put this but any help is greatly appreciated.

1.) Do I have to write my SS# on the Cashiers Checks I send in?

2.) Where do I send the FBAR?

3.) How many stamps do I need? I will be sending the FBAR in a regular envelope, but my actual tax's are in are in their own "first class mail" big envelopes with green on them. How many stamps do I need on each one?

thanks ssoo much
Old 07-07-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Some quick dumb questions for a tax problem

Not answering stamp question, feel them and guess, round up. FBAR goes to Detroit. I believe I previously posted address, but if not it is in IRS link I posted on FBAR's.
You mean the cashier's checks with which you are paying taxes, if you are paying by check I believe you should have a tax payment voucher for each check. That should be filled out, and sent with the check, and generally you should have your SSN and the form number on the check. This information should be on the form you are filing. If you tell me what forms you are filing, I can be more specific. By the way, try not pay your taxes by check, it leaves you open to identity theives.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:39 PM

Also I need to know where my schedule B is? My CPA's are idiots and I they told me NOT to file my Neteller account, but Im filing the FBAR anyways even though Im late.

I just cant find the schedule B. Should I send the FBAR in anyways straight away just so I dont get sent to prison?

I already made the Cashiers Checks, put SS# on them, hopefully thats good enough.

Im filing my federal and local tax's and the FBAR.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahh my CPA is closed today and i want to ship these off ASAP. Didnt know where to put this but any help is greatly appreciated.

1.) Do I have to write my SS# on the Cashiers Checks I send in?

2.) Where do I send the FBAR?

3.) How many stamps do I need? I will be sending the FBAR in a regular envelope, but my actual tax's are in are in their own "first class mail" big envelopes with green on them. How many stamps do I need on each one?

thanks ssoo much

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Wait until Monday, so you can get your Sch. B from your CPA. Why send an incomplete return when today's not a deadline?

2. www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f90221.pdf
Department of the Treasury
Post Office Box 32621
Detroit, MI 48232-0621

3. If you send it on Monday, you can take it to the post office. Otherwise, I'd put three stamps on it to be safe (I took mine to the post office and it think it was slightly more than two stamps).
Old 07-07-2007, 04:57 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. My CPA advised me NOT to send in my FBAR. I had to beg for him to help me fill it out and they accept no responsibility for it. Are they going to help me with the Schedule B?
Old 07-07-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the help guys. My CPA advised me NOT to send in my FBAR. I had to beg for him to help me fill it out and they accept no responsibility for it. Are they going to help me with the Schedule B?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are separate issues. The FBAR goes out by iself. It's a one-page, easy form. You won't send any additional information or tax forms with it. It takes one first-class stamp.

As for your CPA, he works for you, not the other way around. He'll "help you" (i.e., he'll do his job) because you, the client, require it. If he doesn't, feel free to inform him you'll report him to your state's Professional Ethics Division for advising you to fill out an inaccurate return and then refusing to aid you in fixing it.

Anyway, you don't really need a CPA to fill out the one-page FBAR, nor to file an amended return where you're simply adding a check mark and "Isle of Mann" to your sch. B.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:22 PM

Youve been so helpful, one more question if you will.

On the FBAR, Part 1 seems to be filled out. Part 2(Information on Financial Accounts) seems half filled out, there is nothing written in boxes 27-35

27 - Last Name or Organization name of Account Holder
28 - First Name
29 - Middle Initial
30 - Taxpayer Identification Number(what the hell is that)
31 - Address
32 - City
33 - State
34 - Zip/Postal Code
35 - Country

He filled out the rest of the form but left those blank, do I fill them in with my name/address again or leave them blank, or are they for another purpose?
Old 07-07-2007, 05:26 PM

27 - 35 should be blank, as you had a financial interest in the account, per box 26.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:29 PM

Ok cool, thanks a bunch Engineer.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:05 PM

No problem. Good luck with your CPA.