Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 04:06 PM

Default 2 Venetian $330 DS Hands

Starting stacks of 6k. I have literally not played more than one hand besides my blinds due to unplayable hands. I raised once and showed AKo when table folded around. Button has been very outgoing and willing to talk about his hands. Only notable hand he had involved an EP raise and then re-raise, to which he mucked AKs in the CO. He won a fairly nice pot by flopping a set, letting another player bet it down and then raising the river. He open-raised my BB the previous orbit and I folded my 25o faceup and said I'd be happy to call with a little better. Button currently has about 9k in chips. Blinds are 100-200. I have 5500 and have been the butt of super-tight jokes for a few rounds now. Not accurate, but I see no point disputing them yet.

Folds to button, he looks at his cards and quickly bumps it to 600. SB folds. I have two red eights. An argument can be made for raising but I just call.

Flop comes AdJd8c. Pot is 1300. My stack is 5k, villain has just over 8k. Check or bet?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: 2 Venetian $330 DS Hands

Accidentally posted without 2nd hand.

Blinds are 150/300. I have 9k, without showing down a single hand. Player two to my left just busted and a big stack with 30k just moved in. He limp folded one hand, but I haven't seen anything else.

I find JJ UTG +1 and raise to 900. Big stack looks at cards, pauses a second and tosses 4 1k chips in. Folds around. I have 8100 remaining. Shove or fold? I can't imagine flatcalling nearly half my stack.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:13 PM

Hand 1: This is an extremely std hand w/ the limited given info. C/r. Lead turn if he checks behind.

PF depends on how active button has been, which you didn't really say. Calling is fine.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:15 PM

Hand 2: I end up folding online. People reraise even less live right?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:36 PM

In hindsight, I probably like a flop c/r better in hand 1. How bad is this line?

I check, Villain thinks and bets 600. I call.

Turn is an offsuit Q.

I check, Villain leads for another 600 after a few seconds of thought. I instantly shove for 4300, trying to represent a bluff and hoping for a call from two pair?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:56 AM

youve been so tight and you say everyone knows this after he cbets ~800 i c/r allin hoping to get looked up light basically, any other raise is basically showing just how strong you are bc of image/stack size

obv have to lead turn if check/check flop but doubt that happens

hand 2 i know they are verry good and slow structure, im not sure how important that is to you but i doubt i fold here even if you have to race AQ/AK

dont know how you could ever flat call here for 1/2stack