Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Live Donkament Hand From WSOP ME

300/600, 75 ante, 9 hours into Day 1. I have like 30k to start the hand. Two limps to me in the CO, I have 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and no there's a VG chance it won't be raised to my left the way things have gone and limp (I am somewhat concerned about one of the two EP limpers, I would raise that hand a fair amount), button limps, BB checks, 5 to the flop, 3750 in there.

8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet 2300 acting, button raises to 7300 without too much thought, folded back to me, he has me slightly covered.

Unfortunately, button (~50, big tall/fat dude) has only been at my table 1 1/2 hours. I don't have as much info as I'd like, but this is what I've seen so far:

-Showed up at the table with about 45k in chips.
-Folded to him on button, he open limped 97o and checked behind SB&BB on missed dry flop.
-Open limped EP 3 times and raised all 3, folded twice, called once and folded postflop.
-Open limped EP a 4th time, SS pushed for 13 BB, called in 2 seconds with AKo.
-One limper, I complete SB, he raises small to 3XBB with AKo, 6-5-4 two suit flop he bets 1/3 pot and called in 2 spots, then A-off Turn, bets very small, gets raised (I fold), calls, River Q, check-calls and loses to some lady's AQ (she's got a big chipstack and the whole table has been talking about how hot she's running) and is steaming and grumbling about that hand for 10 minutes, and grumbles whenever said lady wins another pot.
-BB only (SB just eliminated), CO-1 raises to 2k (300/600, 75 ante), coldcalls A6s on button, flops nut flush on 7-5-4 board, checked to him (3-way, BB is in hand too), bets like 2/3 pot or so and other players fold, flashes hand and is grumbling about how when he gets a hand no one comes along.

Since he's sat down at the table, I've raised maybe 5 hands and won 1 (I've C-Bet 3 times without winning the hand, twice folding to a later bet). I've 3-bet a raise/coldcall and won the pot uncontested. My table is decent, although my relative position at the table isn't great b/c the two tightest guys are to my immediate right, and two guys on their right raise a fair amount. The two people to the left of this old guy will defends their blinds and playback in spots.

I'm wearing a Luckbox shirt.

Knowing all of the above...what's your action and why?

<font color="blue"> <u>Cliff notes</u> </font> : I think this guy may be the type where postflop raise = big hand, but he may be steaming a bit, I've only played with him for 90 minutes, and since he's been at my table I've folded to any playbacks. I'm wearing a Luckbox shirt.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Live Donkament Hand From WSOP ME

Easy shove. No way I am folding to this guy with any set.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:09 PM

Shove.. you're wearing a luckbox shirt.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM

couldnt his limping range consist of overpairs here as well? even a hand like Ad8x? A7? 86? i dont think id fold here especially given his play compared to your image (and t shirt obv)
Old 07-07-2007, 04:31 PM

He called so quickly that I would be inclined to put him on a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw or a decent 8. You have 7 outs to a flush on the turn and pick up 3 more on the river.

I'm shoving here 'cause I'm wearing a Luckbox shirt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 04:34 PM

With the antes and all you're at like 30 big blind stack effectively or whatever.

There are all kinds of draws and combo draws out there.

You have decent equity against a flopped straight.

I don't see how you can get away from this.

gg.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the antes and all you're at like 30 big blind stack effectively or whatever.

There are all kinds of draws and combo draws out there.

You have decent equity against a flopped straight.

I don't see how you can get away from this.

gg.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
Old 07-07-2007, 06:10 PM

This hand is a lot closer than people are making it. This guy seems pretty nitty and I don't think he would go all-in on a draw, but would rather call and raise when he hits.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy shove. No way I am folding to this guy with any set.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is a lot closer than people are making it. This guy seems pretty nitty and I don't think he would go all-in on a draw, but would rather call and raise when he hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps but the hands posted by gramps, especially the AK hand doesnt make me think he has to have gramps beat here in any way. of course the hands that are beating gramps are in his range but hes got the equity vs a straight and there are lots of big draws a guy could be doing this with, not to mention this guy seems pretty weak esp. pf and could take flops and put money in with hands like TPTK or 2 overs +FD.

also, i dont think this guy has any clue how a hand like 2 pair on this board would fare and i think hed be very quick to put in a big raise with any of the above hands after getting beaten up, esp. in a pot vs someone plays as aggressively as gramps had been comparitively.