Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 11:59 AM

Default How did i play this?

This hand bugged me because i weren't sure where i was in the hand. What range of hands did MP1 and SB have?
Ive only been at the table a few orbits. Not got much info on UTG+1 or MP1 but SB was a calling station, i've already seen cold call twice pre-flop and call down with weak holings a couple of times.
Feel free to comment on all streets.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

River: (17 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 bets, Hero calls, SB calls.
Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 07-07-2007, 12:24 PM

Default My 2c

Seems standard to me... villain is clearly representing a 9, but you only have to be right ~6% of the time.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: My 2c

Didnt play it too bad, you are probably beat, i wouldnt be surprised to see someone w/ a straight or boat here.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: How did i play this?

as a default i think MP1 would have a range including pocket pairs and suited connectors...that would be standard for a party poker 1/2 limit game...perhaps a little loose to cold call preflop, but with 1 caller already, the big blind mostly likely to come in for 1sb with 3 others already in, calling with those hands in not a big mistake...how was the table acting...were several people cold calling? thus villain could count on more callers with a drawing hand...

villain played as if he had a preflop drawing hand that became a strong made hand on the flop, he slow played to get more action from those behind, then came to life on the turn...or on the turn he filled the gutshot draw he had on the flop

the only alarm i could see would be his donk bet on the turn; i would have taken this to showdown to see what he held...if he filled an inside straight by calling twice on the flop, okay, fine...it tells me he doesn't consider the possibility of re-raises behind him when flop calling (or he did not think you might) but his calling a gutshot would have been okay considering the pot was raised preflop...if it was the gutshot then you know he plays Axs, Kxs etc somewhat loose preflop also
Old 07-08-2007, 11:31 PM

Really? I feel turn donk as some sort of 9 of hand like 34 or 97.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:55 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Good on every street I think. Thinly disguised bad beat story if you ask me. What do you think you should have done differently?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 PM

Looks fine to me. Obv the 4 helped MP1. Maybe he picked up a set of 4's and is a bit shy of reraising because of the str8 out there. Or he could easily have a str8 himself as well. Once the 9 comes on the river looks like he may have filled up. SB had? SB is calling the entire way
Old 07-09-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good on every street I think. Thinly disguised bad beat story if you ask me. What do you think you should have done differently?

[/ QUOTE ]
I Don't think this is a bad beat story.The turn donk by MP1 looks strong to me and i thought the turn raise might have been spew. The board is quite scary plus any A,K,Q could could have fallen on the river, weren't sure if a raise was +EV.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 PM

Im a big fan of the turn raise in this spot, usualy when your bet into here it more often than not indicates weakness since most players if they had realy filled there hand they would tend to check to the raiser
Old 07-09-2007, 03:18 PM

Looks fine to me. I may or may not raise the turn based on what I think of the opponent, but I'm going to showdown one way of the other.