Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Micro Limit MTT - Just get away from this?

Very early, in the 10/20, no reads. Micro limits, so people have played pretty loose thus far. As in min raising pre-flop with K5 type of loose.

So, I'm wondering if I should just let this go on the flop...I think it's raise huge or fold (no call), but looking for your thoughts...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB (t1780)
BB (t1450)
UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1780)
MP1 (t1310)
MP2 (t830)
MP3 (t1470)
CO (t1930)
Hero (t1450)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, A.
3 folds</font>, MP2 raises to t60</font>, MP3 calls t60, CO calls t60, Hero calls t60, 2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t270) Q, T, 2 ](4 players)</font>
MP2 bets t180</font>, MP3 calls t180, CO calls t180, Hero ???
Old 07-06-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Micro Limit MTT - Just get away from this?

Because it's a micro, I'm more inclined to just jam....1 draw will call you at least, so it's +EV if that's all there is. But it's easy to fear KK or AA here, though I would probably just play it faster than hell.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:41 PM

My play in these micro lim tourneys would have been to fold it or re-raise it preflop. If you think you can narrow the field and get it heads up with a chunky but not pot committing re-raise (say to t400) then thats what Id do. If not Id fold, just flat calling is going to result in exactly this situation, a multiway pot where your considering folding TPTK. What was the point in calling preflop if thats the case? If we were suited then id definatley be flat calling, but unsuited this hand just isnt going to play well against multiple donks.

As played its fold or shove post flop, your probably ahead but you cant really find out without committing it all, so it really comes down to how you feel about this tourney, if your really bothered about going busto here fold, if not take a chance at getting a decent stack.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:45 PM

Folding PF would be really bad.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 PM

definitely pop it up on the flop since the 2 callers clearly are drawing or have weak Qx hands. if the original bettor jams, then you have a decision. if he calls, you can probably assume you have the best hand and continue to play fast on turn as long as turn isnt a J of diamonds or something
Old 07-06-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding PF would be really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it worse than calling? AQo is no monster considering were looking at a raise and two callers (gap concept), and its early doors, personally in this tourney Id raise without too much thought, but i reckon folding is better than just calling with AQ unsuited.

[ QUOTE ]
definitely pop it up on the flop since the 2 callers clearly are drawing or have weak Qx hands. if the original bettor jams, then you have a decision. if he calls, you can probably assume you have the best hand and continue to play fast on turn as long as turn isnt a J of diamonds or something

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is t810 when it comes round to us, so I dont think we can do much other than shove when our stack is t1390, any raise that prices out draws leaves us seriously committed so its an easy shove for me, which sucks because if anyone has us beat were just shipping it and have very few outs. Hence i dont like being in this multiway pot with AQo, hence Im raising or folding preflop.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:19 PM

Raising is definitely the best option. No calling isn't great but folding is so weak/tight nit.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:28 PM

calling is a waste of 180 chips. maybe 15% of the time youll win a huge pot if nobody catches a draw, but playing top pair, top kicker against 3 other guys is not something i like to do beyond the flop
Old 07-06-2007, 09:31 PM

correct, so its shove or fold, mflip was talking about calling preflop (which i dont like cos its better to be weak tight than weak passive [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 07-06-2007, 09:43 PM

yeah, depending on the stage of the tourney. i probably make a move at the blinds and antes late in the tourney, and probably fold early in the tourney pre flop