Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 03:00 PM

Default FTP refunds?

I was just wondering if anyone has received one in the past couple days for the lag adn shutdown issue? i havent yet so with out emailing to further clog up the system wanted to see if anyone has gotten it.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: FTP refunds?

Just got mine as I read this post...

Throughout the evening on Tuesday, July 3rd, many players experienced problems connecting to Full Tilt Poker. Many of our players were disconnected from the site during play, even though some of our games and tournaments continued to run. We apologize for the inconvenience and want you to know that we are working hard on minimizing the chances of this problem occurring again.
If you were sitting at a real money ring game at the time of the outage, any money you had at the table has been returned to your account.

If you were registered for, or were playing in a tournament that was voided during this period, your account has been restored in accordance with tournament rule #31, found at http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/tourRules.php.

Additionally, to prevent you from being penalized if you were disconnected from a tournament that continued to run, we have compared your chip counts at times the disruptions occurred with your eventual result, and paid you based on whichever was higher.

For example, if you had 50,000 chips at the time of the first disconnections and only 30,000 chips at the time the tournament was voided, you will receive a payout based on a chip stack of 50,000. Conversely, if you had 50,000 chips at the time of the first disconnections and 70,000 at the time the tournament was voided, you will keep the payment you got based on the 70,000 chips. If you registered for a tournament and were disconnected before the tournament started, your buy-in will also be refunded.

After reconciling our records, we found that your payout was negatively affected by the disconnections. As a result, we will credit your account with a payment of $311 within the next 24 to 48 hours.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:30 PM

How about a refund to the players who were beat by a bot?
Old 07-06-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about hitting players with a tack hammer because they suck if they were beat by a bot?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about hitting players with a tack hammer because they suck if they were beat by a bot?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is why the best of the best HU Limit players did not play those bots. Beatme1 and JapInTheSack.

Good one, Sherlock.

HULHE Bots will crush the best of the best.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is why the best of the best HU Limit players did not play those bots. Beatme1 and JapInTheSack.

Good one, Sherlock.

[/ QUOTE ]
I might be wrong, but I'm *pretty* sure that those bots wouldn't play with the good players, not the other way around.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, Sherlock.

[/ QUOTE ]
I might be wrong, but I'm *pretty* sure that those bots wouldn't play with the good players, not the other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been watching JapInTheSack for at least 3 month, when LIMIT FTP games were in their prime. I lost close to $6,000 to him and Beatme1 and were interested in their game. Not once I have logged or seen any play between 100/200 regulars or Pros. And the times when someone unknown would take a shot, they would get crushed.

I have been in the IT industry for 10 years now and I do not see any reason why someone could not program a perfect HULHE bot.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, Sherlock.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been watching JapInTheSack for at least 3 month, when LIMIT FTP games were in their prime. I lost close to $6,000 to him and Beatme1 and were interested in their game. Not once I have logged or seen any play between 100/200 regulars or Pros. And the times when someone unknown would take a shot, they would get crushed.

I have been in the IT industry for 10 years now and I do not see any reason why someone could not program a perfect HULHE bot.

[/ QUOTE ]
You missed my point and it sounds like you proved it. You said you don't have ANY play logged between regulars and the bots. What I'm saying is that the bots are programmed to leave a table whenever a regular in their database sits.

Also, there are people with just as much programming experience as you who say otherwise on a "perfect HU LHE bot".
Old 07-06-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, Sherlock.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You missed my point and it sounds like you proved it. You said you don't have ANY play logged between regulars and the bots. What I'm saying is that the bots are programmed to leave a table whenever a regular in their database sits.

Also, there are people with just as much programming experience as you who say otherwise on a "perfect HU LHE bot".

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that the bots did not leave the table when a regular would join, the regular would simply NOT JOIN the table. Don't you think there would be an attempt?

Could you please remind me of an outcome between that bot and Phil Laak?

I might also add that the only time an unknown would leave the table with some profit is by hit and running.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Throughout the evening on Tuesday, July 3rd, many players experienced problems connecting to Full Tilt Poker. Many of our players were disconnected from the site during play, even though some of our games and tournaments continued to run. We apologize for the inconvenience and want you to know that we are working hard on minimizing the chances of this problem occurring again.
If you were sitting at a real money ring game at the time of the outage, any money you had at the table has been returned to your account.

If you were registered for, or were playing in a tournament that was voided during this period, your account has been restored in accordance with tournament rule #31, found at http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/tourRules.php.

Additionally, to prevent you from being penalized if you were disconnected from a tournament that continued to run, we have compared your chip counts at times the disruptions occurred with your eventual result, and paid you based on whichever was higher.

For example, if you had 50,000 chips at the time of the first disconnections and only 30,000 chips at the time the tournament was voided, you will receive a payout based on a chip stack of 50,000. Conversely, if you had 50,000 chips at the time of the first disconnections and 70,000 at the time the tournament was voided, you will keep the payment you got based on the 70,000 chips. If you registered for a tournament and were disconnected before the tournament started, your buy-in will also be refunded.

After reconciling our records, we found that your payout was negatively affected by the disconnections. As a result, we will credit your account with a payment of $39.52 within the next 24 to 48 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly a ton of money, but I was only in two MTTs at the time. Mainly I just wanted to say thanks to FTP--the way they've handled this issue so far is a huge step in the right direction.