Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 PM

Default What to do when your HU SNG opponent disconnects?

Early on in the match, with blinds just turning 15/30, and me with a 1650/1350 chip lead, blinding him out would take a while (20 minutes to be exact). He would auto fold his small blind, and I would have to call when I was small blind.

On pokerstars, the disconnected person gets like 30 seconds to act every turn, so I decided to clean my room a bit. I found that after counting to 55, it would be my turn to act, I would click call, go back to cleaning and count again to 55, rinse, repeat. When this happens (and you one-table), what do you guys all do?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: What to do when your HU SNG opponent disconnects?

the first couple of time i let it go like you, calling the bb, and getting there sb. but after like 2 mins, i just raise the sb s o that the hand folds. it eats up way to much time to just play it slow.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:11 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=5#Post9938801

I think that thread about covers it.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 PM

what do i do when he disconnects? TAKE HIS MONIEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:38 PM

i fell asleep playing a 55 on ftp, while i was up 2300 to his 700, he ended up blinding me out, but shiped my buyin minus the cost of the rake back. i just shiped it back and told him on aim that its part of playing online, and if i cant stay awake while playing i shouldnt have been playin in the first place. i jave no problem blinding people out. if you can afford to play poker online you can afford $40/month for a good connection.oh and dont fall asleep.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On pokerstars, the disconnected person gets like 30 seconds to act every turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I don't play a lot of HU on Stars, but I thought it worked like this (as ChicagoRy mentioned in the quoted thread):

[ QUOTE ]
"On stars you get like 30 seconds to act, then a 60 second timer then another 60 seconds of disconnect protection."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-06-2007, 03:35 PM

Yes but then the disconnect protection goes 30 seconds - 15 seconds - nothing, so after a few hands it's just 30 seconds.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes but then the disconnect protection goes 30 seconds - 15 seconds - nothing, so after a few hands it's just 30 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have expected them to be treated as "sitting out" after they've used all time banks and disconnection protection, and then subsequent hands would be folded immediately. That's how it works on Full Tilt, anyway.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:29 PM

FTP seems to not give enough time, PS way too much. Personally I'd rather have FTPs structure but both suck IMO.

On FTP not too long ago I saw a final table of some MTT my buddy was watching. The HU play was pretty bad so I was railing and the chipleader dced. He was gone like 3 minutes and lost over half his chips (the blind structure was actually fairly good for a MTT). It was pretty horrid, the guy lost like 8k this way, maybe more.

Anyways, if Pokerstars changed their structure I would consider waiting a few hands for somebody to come back, but the way it is now after one hand already a few minutes have gone by and I don't really feel I have time to wait around for somebody to come back. If it's the first time happening to this person or even the 2nd and 3rd possibly, he can get a refund from Stars. It's not the player's responsibility for his opponent's connection or wasting his time. It's not PS' either, but if they're going to refund the money to people who have a very out of the ordinary disconnect, then let the company that makes a few hundred million a year refund your opponent, not you.

Just my thoughts, I know other people feel differently.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:48 PM

Take his blinds and continue making my living.