Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 02:10 AM

Default 44 missed set, no action, turn pairs the board...

limped to me. I call thinking that button will come along (loose and passive) but he doesn't.

sb is 34/12/0.79 i've seen him bet a blank turn before after a flop check. He also usually slowplays monsters looking for someone to fire on the turn. He's not too much of a showdown monkey, but he'll call down with the usual suspects (ie Ahigh)

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ...</font>
Old 07-06-2007, 02:27 AM

Default Re: 44 missed set, no action, turn pairs the board...

I think I fold here, I don't think the underpair is good a lot here. He could easily have the seven or the eight, or a weak king. I'm new to PT stats, but isn't 0.79 a really low aggression factor? Bluff betting into 3 players doesn't seem to fit that.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:38 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

Check/call the river. If he's not protecting his 7 or 8 he's slowplayng. It costs as much in the end.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:44 AM

I would have bet the flop. As played, just fold. You're only getting 2:1 to call down, plus villain likely has two overcards and sucks out on you 12% of the time.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/call the river. If he's not protecting his 7 or 8 he's slowplayng. It costs as much in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

what?? go back and look at the hand.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:54 AM

i see u went for a FSD-r on the turn, i don't like that at all, I'd rather call &amp; fold river ui if he bets into it again than raise turn. But I feel folding is better than calling.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:55 AM

looking at the red text, I'm guessing you raised...

I just fold. No sense in fighting over mice nuts!

Aaron..do you think we can get all 3 to fold? Meh, anyone w/ a flush draw is coming which is pretty bad for us. If we don't have a chance to win this pot now, I don't like a bet. I'd rather check behind and see another card for free to try and set up.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:08 AM

I would fold.
He most likely has a King or a 7 and thinks his pair is good as there is no action. There's even a chance he has the 8. In all of these cases your underpair loses.
You should just fold your UI small pocket pair.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:19 AM

There is every sign in the world that I'm ahead, so I'm raising.

Villain didn't bet out on the flop so he probably doesn't have the K. Most players with the AF that villain exhibits aren't smart enough to think "oh, I has 3rd pair, I'll bet into 3 people". They'll call down with that bottom pair, but they won't get aggressive with it. If villain 3bets this hand then I know he has the 8 and I'll just let it go. Also, villain is the exact type of player who will bluff at the turn if he senses weakness, no matter the position. If villain calls me he's probably checking on the river and I can check behind. If villain bets out on the river, I fold.

As it stands villain's line doesn't make sense, so I'm going to raise as I feel I have the best hand.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:40 AM

I would fold.
There are a a lot of outs against your hand and the pot is small. And there is a good chance that your are the underdog, as the villain is not a very aggressive player.