Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 10:27 PM

Default AQo hits A and aggression

This one's pretty stupide, but I've been sucking lately.

SB is tight aggressive, Button to date has been loose and semi-aggressive (AF a little above 1). About four orbits with each.

Converted by PokerGeek
PokerStars Limit Hold'em Ring - $0.50/$1.00 Stakes (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero raises, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, LP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Small blind calls, Big blind calls

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Big blind checks, Hero bets, LP calls, Button calls, Small blind calls, Big blind folds

Somewhat scary board, but figure I'm likely to be good here against two cold callers

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Hero bets, LP calls, Button raises, Small blind calls, Hero calls, LP calls

really bad sign, but certainly outs to draw to the gssd

River: (14.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Hero checks, LP checks, Button bets, Small blind calls, Hero...

overcalling a bad idea here? Or with TPGK and big pot worth calling?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: AQo hits A and aggression

I really think you're in trouble if the TAG is raising you on the turn. I'm not so concerned about the SB though, and probably call because I would hate myself if he turns over the AJ or AQ that he didn't raise on the flop.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:52 PM

NIX, I'm starting to see a pattern in your replies -- "call, expecting to lose." You're either a leaker or a fatalist, not sure which is better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NIX, I'm starting to see a pattern in your replies -- "call, expecting to lose." You're either a leaker or a fatalist, not sure which is better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha. I can tell you that I'm probably one of the above and definitely the other. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I am however someone who hates to fold.

At least in my head, 'expecting to lose' means we're not good more than 50% of the time, but I'll take the odds on the river that we're good 1 in X times.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 PM

I think you played the hand fine I guess. If you feel like you want to get away from it the turn is where you should have done that. I don't think 3-betting the turn is good against a TAG unless you've got a solid read. It might have bought you a free showdown but it might also have chased out the SB. I think I'd rather either fold to his raise or call to draw to broadway.

As played I think you have to call this river bet. 16.75-1 is pretty hard to pass up. It seems likely that he's got a set or two pair but it's worth it if only for the information and I'm certain you're ahead 1 out of 17 times here.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 AM

easy call. pot is big enough to cover us. if we lose, note the mental retardation of your opponents and move on...