Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Amazon Package Delivery problem...(cliffs at bottom)

I live in a complex where packages are delivered daily and if you are not home or package does not require signature, it is dropped off at the leasing office and a note is left in your mailbox. This seems fairly standard.

On Sunday 7/1, I checked my mailbox and noticed a package slip indicating a package had been left for me at the leasing office. It was past 6pm so the office was closed. No biggie, I'll return tomorrow and make off w/ my goods.

Monday morning, I head back over there to claim my package (accidentally left the slip at home). The lady checked the back room and came back out and said nothing was there for my apt number. I told her I had a slip for the package to which she made some really idiotic statement along the lines of "maybe it hasn't been delivered yet". I probably made a puzzled face trying to figure out how she even managed to draw such a conclusion and then decided I'd come back tomorrow w/ the slip and a print out of the delivery confirmation and hopefully someone more intelligent would be working.

I checked my email last night and confirmed that the Amazon package was delivered on Saturday (6/30) at 12:01 pm by the USPS.

This morning, I made my way over to the leasing office and asked the manager about the package and showed her the slip. She checked the back room...nothing. She says "maybe the package was too big and they took it back to the post office". I show her the slip where the only thing written on it is "Leasing Office". She says I should leave a note for the mail-person to come see her about the package.

I called the post office per the number on the slip left in my mailbox (yeah, the slip indicating the packaged was left w/ the LEASING OFFICE!!!!!!! ARGH mad now). USPS guy checks their crap and says they don't have it.

I am going to leave a note for the mail person later today and check back in with the leasing office tomorrow evening before they close.

What are my options? The package is only $40 in value.

Cliffs: tracking number indicates package was delivered. note in mailbox indicates package was left at leasing office. leasing office says they don't have the package. what's my play.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Amazon Package Delivery problem...(cliffs at bottom)

who wrote the slip? so confused
Old 07-05-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who wrote the slip? so confused

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure who writes the slip -- I'm assuming the mail-person.

Here's the drill...
package is ordered and delivered. If the package requires signature and you're not at home, or the package does not require signature but is bigger than 3"x4"x1', then there is a note left in your 3"x4"x1' mailbox and the package is left w/ the leasing office.

I have ordered many things and AEKDBet has ordered hundreds of things, and we have never had a problem with the package not being there when a slip was left in the mailbox.

possibilities...
- leasing office gave the package to the wrong person
- some sort of theft

contents - 2 douche'y computer networking books. neither draws high value on the black-market.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:33 PM

possibilities...
- leasing office gave the package to the wrong person
- some sort of theft

there is a 3rd. The package is in the room and she's too dumb to find it.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:34 PM

Sounds like someone in the leasing office ganked your package.

Time to talk to the manager?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:37 PM

oh ok same deal at my place. you just have to raise a stink about it. I assume when you actually pick up the package you give them the slip back? we actually have to sign it. Just print off your tracking info and take the slip and make a huge stink, move up the management chain, etc etc. when you get to mgr or a step above start telling them that you'll take the $40 to make it all go away. not sure what else to do.

how could it be a theft? other than someone that works at the apt complex? btw there's no way they would be stupid enough to steal an amazon shipment, that's like $50 avg. they should be stealing stuff from dell.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like someone in the leasing office ganked your package.

Time to talk to the manager?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I spoke to the manager this morning.

[ QUOTE ]

This morning, I made my way over to the leasing office and asked the manager about the package and showed her the slip. She checked the back room...nothing. She says "maybe the package was too big and they took it back to the post office". I show her the slip where the only thing written on it is "Leasing Office". She says I should leave a note for the mail-person to come see her about the package.

[/ QUOTE ]

sighhhh... she doesn't seem too bright either. There is a guy that works there who is very chatty and would likely bend over backwards if asked by FFK to check for the package. That is plan 'b' if I get poor results tomorrow evening.

If I do have to part w/ $40, the thread subject will promptly change to "best way to seek revenge on apartment manager". I'm sure TxRed has some suggestions.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:42 PM

I think you can probably contact Amazon and get a replacement sent if someone did truly steal your package.

You could also try to get a reimbursement from the Leasing office if they lost your package.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:58 PM

Use the force, get ffk to get this resolved. what books were they, I have about a million douchey computer books that if you needed you could have/trade for books I dont have.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:12 PM

I had this happen to me once. The package wasn't worth much though and I got tired of trying to find it. About a year later after I had moved it showed up at my forwarding address. I'm assuming it had been sitting in the office the entire time.