Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Pair of 10\'s heads up with a LAG on a AAx flop

The villain is a big LAG. I've seen him limp in with 75o on the button after two other limpers.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero ??

Against this LAG, I think he would play back at me without an A. I want to call and go into a call down mode depending on the turn and river cards. Comments?

Doc
Old 07-05-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Pair of 10\'s heads up with a LAG on a AAx flop

If you think he can often do this without an ace, I just call down now, since I assume a LAG is raising JJ-KK PF as well some 2OC hands to you like KQ or KJ. Most likely whoever is behind has 2-3 outs.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:41 AM

I'll get to showdown as cheap as possible. But I am a registered showdownmonkey.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:53 AM

Yeah. I hate these. This LAG puts us to the test here. You didn't mention whether you have seen him check raise light or not? That could be a decisive factor. Or whether he is as LAGgy post flop as he is preflop? I don't know if this meets a strict definition of WA/WB or not but if we call down, the pot will be paying us ~2.5:1 on our investment and I think we might win more often than that. On the other hand if he has shown no predisposition to bluff by c/ring maybe folding is more prudent. If the pot were a little bigger it is an easy call down for me. This is close I think. I lean toward calling down against this villain.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The villain is a big LAG. I've seen him limp in with 75o on the button after two other limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how the specific example supports the read, but given a LAG read, you're showing this down.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:17 PM

make a decision on the flop. call down or fold. I call down cos BIG LAG = FOS often.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:43 PM

Calling down is good, but I really want to raise again somewhere. Our hand is almost certainly best, but vulnerable. I'm torn between three-jacking here to not let him have a cheap shot at pairing an overcard and stringing him along to pop the turn.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:45 PM

call &amp; raise turn = profit

edit: we are in position ..sorry
Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 PM

to elaborate, lags are fish at heart. By the time you raise the turn, they can't stand the idea that you might be "pulling one" on him and will call down with very weak hands.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:21 PM

Well, I called the flop and then called the turn. Then I did the most sensible thing and spiked a 10 on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Of course, he folded when I raised the river, so I'll never know what he had.

And then I started wondering if I could have played the hand better even though I won.

Doc