Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 11:07 AM

Default blind battle nut no pair

probably super standard.

I've been sitting about two orbits and I've folded every hand. I only have like 30 hands on villain, no notes, in this session he seems to be moving a lot of chips. about all I have at the moment.

PokerStars $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Converted by DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, standard call down? should I ever be raising any river but a ten?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: blind battle nut no pair

This type of hand plays so much better/easier if you just 3bet preflop.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:21 AM

i thought someone would bring up preflop. I'm not sure why/how it plays better. how are you playing it on this board? does it involve folding? if you get c/r on the flop is it "easier" or "better" to call down in what is now a much bigger pot?

i used to 3bet these type of hands more (KJo, A8o, 66, etc) but I've been playing it this way lately and found it actually to be easier to play.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:27 AM

there is definately merit in letting an aggressive stealer keep the lead in blind battles when you have a starting hand with showdown value. I usually reraise KJo though because I find it tougher to show down K high, and we can steal pots by repping an ace.

as for this hand, bah. I'll ponder this some more and get back to you
Old 07-05-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought someone would bring up preflop. I'm not sure why/how it plays better. how are you playing it on this board? does it involve folding? if you get c/r on the flop is it "easier" or "better" to call down in what is now a much bigger pot?

i used to 3bet these type of hands more (KJo, A8o, 66, etc) but I've been playing it this way lately and found it actually to be easier to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand how calling with A8 or 66 can make things easier on you in this situation, but I still think that calling with a strong king high hand is going to make it very hard for you to play optimally postflop. I dont know if I know how to back up my point here or speak intelligently on the point Im trying to make, and I apologize for that.

All im trying to say is I strongly believe that calling with specifically a strong king high hand is going to make postflop a nightmare for me and 3betting it preflop brings so much clarity for me postflop. I would really be surprised if anyone thought differently about this type of situation.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:31 AM

yeh i'm calling down most of the time, some players i'll through it away on the river.