Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 01:01 AM

Default $25 NL Open ended straight draw, turn OESD against Aggro

I have started to open up my game and plays draws aggressively. Bad Call? Villians aggression factor led me to gamble. Villian is 28/19/5 over 50 hands.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $25.45
BB: $25.95
UTG: $25.55
MP: $17.65
CO: $24.65
Hero (BTN): $24.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.00, MP calls $1.00

Flop: ($3.85) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $7.25</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $4.75

Turn: ($18.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $17.45</font>, Hero calls all-in for $16.25
Uncalled bet of $1.20 returned to BB

River: ($50.85) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $50.85 ($2.45 Rake)

BB had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Nines) and WON (+$23.65)
Hero had T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and LOST (-$24.75) <font color="white"> </font> <font color="black"> </font>
Old 07-05-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: $25 NL Open ended straight draw, turn OESD against Aggro

I see ur trying to play draws more aggressively but I'm not sure I call this bet even getting slightly better to 2-1. You are getting the right price to call, so it's not a bad play, but I'd like a higher authority to give some advice on this.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:18 AM

Playind draws aggresive is good, but both Villians check to you most of the time cause you are the IR. So their checks can be attempts to check raise you, especially given Villians AF. I would just go for the free card here.
As played I would fold to the reraise on the flop, 2 of your outs are not safe anymore.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:33 AM

Calling a raise on the flop and a push on the turn is not a draw played aggressively, but more chase chase chase. You probably have 15 clean outs on the turn so the call is ok, but high variance, because you only have a very small edge. And if you discount the Qd and the 6d to avoid drawing dead against a set, it's 33:13 = 2.5:1 and you are getting about 2.1:1. So it's a VERY close call and you actually do not even beat a bluff here. So villain's AF has absolutely nothing to do with it.

actually, the flop call is already VERY debatable since you don't know how clean the Kc and 8c are as outs and you only get 2.9:1 while you need to have more like 7:1. So you have to rely heavily on implied odds here and you need to stack villain every time you hit on the turn because the effective stack is only $16 and you still need to get 4x4.75 = $19 into the pot. So it's actually a fold on the flop if you think there is a good chance that villain is playing a flush draw.

And don't post results, please.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:09 AM

I think by you betting the flop like you did with just a draw inflated the pot to be a 200 BB pot like it was, instead why not control the pot size and get infinite odds of hiting your hand while they may have flopped a set on you looking to check raise you just like they did? If the pot was HU then I can see betting the flop here, but in multi way pots, more often than not, I'm checking flops like this without a flush draw, straight draws I don't c-bet into multi way pots.