Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 04:59 AM

Default 3/6 turn -- JJ

Same table as the ATo hand, but probably quite a while later. For background, I was showing this hand down. A couple of hands prior to this one, I raised 99 UTG and bet an AQ7 2-tone flop HU; I folded to a raise. While I wasn't against the same villain, I thought there was a chance the villain in this hand was a 2+2er based on his name (I can post it if need be, but I don't think it's really important), so I felt there was enough chance he was taking a shot at me on the flop to merit at least a call down, though I was planning on raising any turn.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 8.66 BB

Anyone just muck the flop or turn? In isolation, I'm not sure I would have gone through the trouble, but I just felt I had to play back this hand.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:26 AM

Default Re: 3/6 turn -- JJ

I've been laying these down, though I can't say that's correct. I can safely say that you think people are taking shots at you much more often than they really are.

My guess is UTG has a king. Whether you can take him off of it often enough for the play to be profitable is read dependent. Otherwise I'd toss it on the flop.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:55 AM

Default Re: 3/6 turn -- JJ

You're definitely behind on this flop. You made him lay down the best hand on the turn.