Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 04:51 AM

Default Ducks from hell. help me kill them plz.

So I was strolling along 100 NL full ring nicely , up almost 2.5 buyins in the last two hrs playing mostly TAG but a little looser than my usual self...

THEN I get donked those 2.5 buyins within 2 minutes of each other. and guess what i held.

Tell me if I could've avoided either of these situations? or actually fold to pushes on river...

Hand 1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($118.65)
UTG+1 ($197.11)
UTG+2 ($98.90)
MP1 ($168.58)
MP2 ($40.50)
MP3 ($103.85)
Hero ($146.18)
Button ($100)
SB ($31.11)
BB ($115.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, UTG+1 calls $1, 3 folds</font>, MP3 raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, 1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.50, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1, UTG+1 calls $1.

Flop: ($12) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $9</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls $9, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($30) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets $4</font>, Hero raises to $26</font>, UTG+1 calls $22.

River: ($82) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero bets $35, Villain pushes, hero has roughly $70 left.

Hand 2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO ($283.34)</font>
Button ($27.45)
SB ($200.60)
BB ($34.75)
UTG ($109.90)
UTG+1 ($55.70)
Hero ($100)</font>
MP1 ($97.50)
MP2 ($97.50)
MP3 ($95.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1, 3 folds</font>, CO raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, 1 fold</font>, BB calls $1, Hero calls $1.

Flop: ($8.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets $1</font>, BB folds, Hero raises to $7</font>, CO calls $7, Button calls $6.

Turn: ($29.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
Hero bets $16</font>, CO calls $16, Button folds.

River: ($61.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero bets $30, Villain pushes Hero has $45 left.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Ducks from hell. help me kill them plz.

The first and most obvious mistake in hand one is that you should definitely raise that flop--two hearts are on board, plus some low straight action. Get some money in the pot.

Unfortunately, it looks like you might be beat but I don't think you can fold. UTG+1 is not likely to have a 4 the way the hand played out (unless of course he had a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]).

Hand two gave you the perfect situation to lead into the raiser on the flop, and hopefully he win raise you so you can 3-bet. As played, no way you can fold. Villian making a straight is very unlikely; it looks like he probably just improved to two pair. If he slowplayed you with set-over-set, there's nothing you can do about it.

If you lost both these hands, and judging by the tone of your post I assume you did, better luck next time because I don't think you can get away from them.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:17 AM

Fastplaying is the new slowplaying!

Hand 1: As played:
RAISE FLOP: There are multiple straight/flush draws (however unlikely, remember this was basically a limped multiway pot) and you want to build a pot with what is most likely the best hand.
Turn: This raise is OK but I'd like to see a larger bet.
River: Nice value bet, I think I might muster up the discipline to fold to c/r AI.

Its been said before, that to win a big pot you need to build a big pot, you are leaving money on the table IMO.

Hand 2:

Flop: OK raise.
Turn: Bet more, $20-25.
River: Blocking bet, fold (unless you have a specific read that villain may be capable of overvaluing two pair.)
Old 02-23-2006, 11:55 AM

wtf are u putting him on to fold on the 2nd hand? No way I lay that down.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:59 AM

for gods sakes raise the flop in hand 1 and check behind on the river.

Hand 2 - why on earth are you betting $16 into a $30 pot on the turn that has two broadway cards and a flush possibility...there are quite likely a zillion draws out there and you are giving them awesome reverse implied odds to stack you with your strong hand....looks like it worked too.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:33 AM

Default Results

Hand 1: call push, villain shows 34o

Hand 2: call push, villain shows T9s