Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 03:04 AM

Default NL100 KK Overpair turns top set

Thoughts on flop?
What should the plan be on the turn?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $100.30
BB: $100.00
UTG: $225.90
Hero (CO): $228.50
BTN: $216.55

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 42/7/2.00 300. He has been talking [censored] to me ever since I stacked a donk with TPTK, and him announcing in chat that I had nothing (before villain called and cards were shown obv) </font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BTN calls $3.50, SB calls $3.00, BB folds

Flop: ($11.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $25.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $15.00

Turn: ($61.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: NL100 KK Overpair turns top set

In this spot I usually bet around 40, the board is too wet to give him the chance of taking a free card and he's calling with a lot of hands that you have crushed. Obviously 3-bet/call a shove.
Plus he might think you're trying to push him off the hand representing a K or you're semi bluffing with the Ace of spade... Villains who are always thinking they're being bluffed can come up with all kind of crazy ideas.
Anyway, if he smooth calls you and another spade (not the 2s) lands on the river you have to make a decision. I might c/c or c/f according to villain bet sizing.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:28 AM

Personally I reraise flop against this kind of player. I doubt he has 22/44 and a hand like 24/J4 is also very hard to believe. Hes more likely got a hand like QJs/AJ etc.
A big reraise will push out the flush draws that he could have and I call a push here against this player.
As played I don't like being in these spots which is why I r/r flop. What hand do you put him on? Its fine to get all the chips in here imo. Hes a donk and you have plenty of outs against any hand which has you beat and beat a lot here too.
As played bet out turn 45-50ish
Old 07-04-2007, 03:35 AM

C/r the turn obv.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:55 AM

if the board didnt have the fd i would just call his raise here. and cr the turn. i think a j def makes up a big part of his range, and id be looking to 3 bet in this spot. as played i bet here. i dont put him on a flush and he could easily take a free card
Old 07-04-2007, 04:39 AM

I think his tiny rr on the flop pretty much rules out a FD unless he's a complete fool. Bet the pot both to protect against an incidental spade and to give him the opportunity to make a mistake.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:44 AM

I'd usually bet turn because going to check behind a lot of hands, even a set, 200BB's deep.. AF would help though.. C/R AI would be good if you think he'll bet again.. I see most people checking this turn though without a flush in their hand.