Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 04:42 AM

Default 3/6 turn - UI ATo

I thought this hand might be somewhat interesting. The primary villain seemed decent, but I hadn't seen that much of him; I suspect he might be a 2+2er, but hell if I know.

Prior to the past week or so, I've been primarily playing 2/4; lately, I've been playing 3/6 and 5/10, depending on how the 5/10 tables look.

Anyway, the hand:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

As far as I'm concerned, PF and the flop are standard. Comment if you see the need, but I'm mostly curious about the turn. When it gets checked to me again, I figured I'd take a stab at it. I really couldn't see anyone slow-playing something, since it's pretty clear what I don't have. But, then I'm C/R'ed. After sorting through the hand for a few seconds, I thought it just felt like an odd way to play a J or a 7, so I called with the intention of calling the river, but raising any A/T.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:55 AM

Default Re: 3/6 turn - UI ATo

Id fold to villian's raise.

Villian says he has a strong hand, you have poo, the pot isn't too big, and it will cost 2 bets to go to showdown.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:01 AM

Fair enough.. thanks. If he had bet out on the turn, I would have folded. But, I didn't think the line he chose on the turn showed strength; it reaked of my weakness to me, hence the call-down.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:41 AM

Even though it is a fantastic spot for villian to semi/pure bluff you still have to let it go.
7:2 isn't great when you consider you'll be splitting/losing the pot a decent percentage of the time he is bluffing.

If you plan on calling a river bet, you're probably better off 3bet/folding the turn and attempt to take the split/suckout out of the picture.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:21 AM

I agree that MP2's turn checkraise is suspicious, and you may have 6 outs versus his 3 outs in what will usually be a chop.

I probably would have folded, but I'm not sure what's best. I think MP2 could have a number of different things here, including hands that have you crushed. Online players do love to trap. Strange as it may seem, I do think he'll have a jack a lot of the time, and a 7 is also possible.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:01 PM

Does anyone bet the flop here?
Old 02-23-2006, 04:53 PM

I Bet the flop, and fold to any turn agression... If I don't bet the flop, i would fold to the c/r...a great chance you're drawing dead on the turn....
Old 02-23-2006, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone bet the flop here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, i'd bet the flop hoping to see the turn and river for 1 SB.