Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Missed with AQo but the pot is getting big...

I'm unsure about most streets on this hand. The table has been relatively tight, but occasionally gets a bit crazy. No real reads on villain, but haven't seen him in a lot of pots.

I'd appreciate comments on all streets.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB <font color="#CC3333">(Villain)/ calls.</font>

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Thanks,
kong98
Old 07-04-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Missed with AQo but the pot is getting big...

oh, oh, let me say it!

Raise or fold preflop.

So seriously, you probably shouldn't cold-call with this hand.

If the UTG raiser is positionally aware, it's more like a fold, otherwise it's more like a raise.

If the UTG raiser has adjusted to the game going 7-handed, its more like a raise.

If UTG raiser has tight raising standards, it's more like a fold. If he is only raising AQ+,KQ+,TT+, you are probably not in the best shape.

With no read, being 7-handed, I'll probably 3-bet it.

I don't mind your flop raise. Getting 11:1, you probably don't want to fold. You have the Ace of trumps, so thats good. You might get it HU, you might get a free card. The paired board is bad, but you can't win them all.

I call the flop 3-bet and fold the turn UI. What do you think he 3-bets the flop and leads the turn with that you are good against?

Summary, raise preflop. Fold the turn.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:47 AM

Wow. I'm a little tipsy and this still looks horrible. Every decision you had you chose wrong.

3-bet this pre-flop, you want to be heads up with UTG. A 3-bet is more likely to set you up to take down a raggy flop with a c-bet because it appears stronger than the original aggressors cards and it is likely to get rid of people behind you.

WTF are you doing on this flop? Representing 72? You can peal one here but you are done putting money in this pot UI. Raising is spew.

WTF are you doing on the turn? Fold, you have no more draws and quite likely are drawing dead to Villains A7s.

WTF are you doing on the river? Ace high is good here never.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:12 AM

Awww, come on kero, the flop raise isn't that bad is it? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Getting 11:1, you got the chance to get it HU, you got the chance to take a free card.

I think we had the same discussion a few days ago. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 02:19 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate your taking the time to respond. A 3-bet pre-flop would have definitely made this hand easier to play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"What do you think he 3-bets the flop and leads the turn with that you are good against?" sums it up perfectly. I need to start asking myself those kind of questions more.

As you both predicted, A-high was no good. Villain had 99.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Awww, come on kero, the flop raise isn't that bad is it? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Getting 11:1, you got the chance to get it HU, you got the chance to take a free card.

I think we had the same discussion a few days ago. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I need to play without the ball a little more but I don't care for it because a donk on this flop is usually the nuts and rarely a draw or bluff. I'm more likely to peel this unless I had a good read on the donker but there aren't enough cards that help us on the turn for me to like a raise here. I suppose if you thought the chance was good enough to get a free card out of it, but at first glance it feels like BB just got buck fever because he hit trips.
edited to add
Then again, I [censored] hate short handed so take this with a grain of salt.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:47 AM

I don't understand why the paired board is so bad.

If anything it is good. Sure someone might have a seven but the fact that there are only 2 left in the deck decreases that chance.

When someone slowplays the flop and then goes nuts on the turn that is when you should get worried.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:33 AM

I'm not saying the paired flop is "bad". It just could be better. When the flop is paired, and you are behind, you may already be dead.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:41 AM

pre-flop is clearly a 3 bet.
flop is between a call or raise, depends on how you table is
turn and river is a fold
Old 07-04-2007, 02:16 AM

Ok here we go

Raise pre flop AQo is a lot better heads up than multiway. AQs could possibly be a call but a raise would be better.

Flop

Nice Raise what is the chance that flop hit him. Posibbly has a seven but generally you still have overcards that will hit.
Ohh crap he 3 bet. Ok he has a hand. I would say a pair rather than the 7 as usually you would wait till the turn to chuck in the big raise. I have no problem with the call here.

Turn
Ok you missed. And he has bet as you would expect. Ok you can either Fold Call or raise and here is the arguments for them all.

Fold
Well lets face it you do have nothing and he is displaying strength. The pot is 9BB so assuming all your outs are clean you have the odds. However they might not be clean.

Call
Well you do have the odds if your outs are clean so a call could be ok.

Raise
This is the aggressive crazy 6 max in me. Raising here either says you have a 7 a J or AA-QQ. Chances are he can't beat that and it would be incorrect for him to call. You say he is tight so this would generally get him to fold. Also it gives you the option of getting a free showdown.

This is really read dependant. Absent of reads, I would fold. If you think it is possible he might fold to the turn raise at least 22% of the time then obviously the raise is best.

Finally a call only works if all your outs are clean. I think there is a fair chance they are not so to me this is clearly the worst option.

At this limit, players call down way to often. Just fold the turn and move on. He is representing a hand and is more than likely not going away.

River
Ok you called you missed you need to fold.