Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 09:10 PM

Default NL100 Is this bluff simply retarded ??

Villian is pretty solid, running at 20/15 over 300 hands. He hasn't been 3 betting me much if at all this session. Pre flop is maybe a little meh..I have the implied odds to hit a set though.

On the flop, his bet seemed a little weakish. My plan was to ditch it on the turn if he bet again.

BUT. me gets an OESFD on the turn.

I thought about a CRAI, but didn't want to have it get checked through.

comments ??

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($124.21)
UTG ($107.38)
MP ($95.66)
CO ($126.01)
Button ($98.50)
Hero ($229.68)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $11.5</font>, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($24) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $17</font>, Hero calls $17.

Turn: ($58) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero calls $229.18 (All-In)
Old 07-03-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: NL100 Is this bluff simply retarded ??

i oped for yes just by reading the title and i stand @ that, u are risking WAY too much money to win so little, why do u need to be pulling these moves at this stakes?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:14 PM

so at higher stakes, this is alright?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:22 PM

Yeah this is kind of silly I think. If your villian is a thinking opponent, then no way he's going to be putting you on a made straight here. In my opinion, the only way he'll put you on a made flush is only if he thought you had the A-high flush and probably with a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and I think he would highly doubt you'd have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. You clearly would not do this with a set unless you were really creative since it's essentially turning your hand into a bluff. If you think about it, it actually almost telegraphs to your opponent that you're semi-bluffing with either 9x9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or 7x7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], maybe at best A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Tx (though this hand he'd probably discount from your calling a re-raise). I think if he held QQ+ with a spade, he's insta-calling.