Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Critique my SNG Stats

My primary experience in "poker" is NLHE SNGs ... Although I love to play any of the games, and will do so in MTTs (any game), I concentrate mostly on SNGs ... Right now, I play at the $5.50s at Stars ... I've played at the $11s on Stars before, and at Party tested the $22s ... I feel like I'm fairly good at this level, and probably could beat the $11s ... However, before I move back up to the $11s, I'd like some feedback/critique on my stats ... Below are my pokertracker stats ... Can anyone suggest any areas I should look at ??? My game tends to be tight early, aggressive late (as it should be, from all I've ever read about SNGs) ... Just wanted some feedback to see if I'm implementing the strategy correctly, or if there's any particular area I'm missing something ... I don't do this for a living, probably play no more than 20 SNGs a week, but that doesn't mean I don't want to play optimally when I do play ... These stats are after 288 $5.50s, and while ROI/results would not be reliable based on this sample size, patterns in play/implementing strategy should be less dependent on sample size faster than results ...

Old 07-03-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Critique my SNG Stats

Looks like you're maybe a little loose early on. What hands do you play from what positions ?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you're maybe a little loose early on. What hands do you play from what positions ?

[/ QUOTE ]

L1 and L2, I generally will only:

1> limp with JJ-22 for set value, fold to any raise > 3xBB readless; raise and/or re-raise with QQ+

2> Suited connectors JTs-45s from CO-1 or later in unraised pot; I won't generally play KQs or QJs this early due to chances of being dominated; Also A7s+ under these criteria; folding these to any significant raise after me readless; NOTE: I'll fold these if I've played in a pot already and lost any chips

3> AK

Other than that, I don't think I generally play much of anything in L1 and L2 ... Early, I tend to pretty much not play any pot that's raised in front of me without a pair or AK ... I routinely fold AQo- and AQs- in raised pots ... From the sounds of things, though, if you're thinking I'm a bit loose early, I might be straying from this strategy a bit more often than I realize ???
Old 07-03-2007, 02:33 PM

Looks like you're a bit loose in the first 3 levels and not aggressive enough in the later rounds. Looks like when you get heads up and the blinds are big you limp alot when you should be pushing atc in the sb.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:34 PM

You should generally only be raising in the later levels. I would think your PF raise in the later levels should be higher. Also you could raise more hands in the earlier levels. Otherwise the stats look ok.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should generally only be raising in the later levels. I would think your PF raise in the later levels should be higher. Also you could raise more hands in the earlier levels. Otherwise the stats look ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, perhaps L5 should be 20% PFR, L6 around 25% and L7 around 30% (or even higher) ???
Old 07-03-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you're a bit loose in the first 3 levels and not aggressive enough in the later rounds. Looks like when you get heads up and the blinds are big you limp alot when you should be pushing atc in the sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, heads up I do like to see flops more than push ... These are regulars, not turbos, so even at 200/400 I'll pass on alot of hands I probably should be pushing (like Kx, Q6+, J8+ ?) ...
Old 07-03-2007, 02:47 PM

Here are my stats for stars 6.50s:

1) 10 - 3
2) 13 - 3
3) 9 - 3
4) 9 - 7
5) 13 - 11
6) 20 - 17
7) 28 - 24
8) 47 - 42
9) 63 - 47

As you can see once level 4 hits I'm either short shoving or folding or I'm doing ok and raising or folding. I would suggest checking out some ICM software, I think it would help you out alot. It certainly helped my game.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugggg ... I broke down my hands played a bit more for the early levels ... I lied in my original response to you LOL ... When you realize you raised from the cutoff in L1 with QTs, you pretty much aren't implementing TIGHT early LOL ... Thanks for the feedback ...
Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 PM

I'm assuming those are VP$IP and PFR% ???