Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 04:57 AM

Default 200 BB, Flop Set & Puke on Turn

Game is going great. 6max NL100. I'm table captain and have been bullying SB every single hand he is involved in. SB will always donk bet $1 dollar regardless of the pot size. If there is $100 dollars in the pot, he'll still bet just $1. I've been raising his donk bets quite liberally. I have been showing down monsters though but have been winning many pots vs SB uncontested. There have been a few times where the button has paused after I've raised the SB in particular hands.

Villain is button. Me bullying SB may have some effect on the table dynamic and how they view me.

Stacks
==========
Hero: $300
Button: $187 47/8/1.38/230 hands
SB: $64 83/33/3.78 (he's not a maniac because he minraises to $2 preflop and just bets $1. More like a monkey baboon fish)

Game is five handed.

Preflop
=============
Hero has 3h 3s and raises in the CO. Button calls. SB calls.

Flop
=============

6s 3c 2c (pot 12.70)

SB bets $1, I raise to $8 (a mistake should have been higher), Button coldcalls $8, and SB calls.

Turn
=============

6s 3c 2c (10s) (pot $36)

SB bets $1, I raise $50, Button pushes all in, SB folds, and now I .....um yeah, puke?
Old 07-03-2007, 05:31 AM

Default Re: 200 BB, Flop Set & Puke on Turn

You make it quite easy easy for them to get away from any worse hand by overbetting the turn, eh? Now you gotta fold i guess. And def. and for gods sake bet more on the flop.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:15 PM

bump
Old 07-03-2007, 01:35 PM

If you have really been pounding on the SB as hard as it sounds, I really think button can be doing this with holdings you beat... but I wish his aggression factor was a wee bit higher if I'm gonna make the call. His stats don't make him look to good and at least his aggro is over 1.0... I think I call, but probably regret it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 01:38 PM

im guessing button has 100bb stacks? if so im never folding this. i think you could have made a smaller turn raise, around the size of the pot and just shoved alot of rivers...
Old 07-03-2007, 01:41 PM

i mean does betting more on the flop give us enough information to allow us to know if he hit his straight because the turns almost a dud, he could have jj+, i have to call, theres just no way i believe button because you just look like your trying to bully the idiot sb but theres good hearsay for folding
Old 07-03-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im guessing button has 100bb stacks? if so im never folding this. i think you could have made a smaller turn raise, around the size of the pot and just shoved alot of rivers...

[/ QUOTE ]

Button has $187 behind.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i mean does betting more on the flop give us enough information to allow us to know if he hit his straight because the turns almost a dud, he could have jj+, i have to call, theres just no way i believe button because you just look like your trying to bully the idiot sb but theres good hearsay for folding

[/ QUOTE ]

When Button cold called my flop raise I put him on a range of hands, JJ+, flush draw, maybe straight? I raised so huge on the turn because I missed value on my flop raise and felt that the button was going to come along for the ride. His AF is quite low and when he pushed his remaining stack in on the turn I did not feel so good about my hand. I don't know if players like that will play AA as the nuts with my constant bullying...
Old 07-03-2007, 02:59 PM

i mean its a tough call, i think jj+ sees your constant bullying and with no overs thinks they are still good so pushes, ak of clubs looking to just you out or ax of clubs, i just can't see myself folding this, if we lose its a cooler and why we have a bankroll