Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 03:05 AM

Default $10 SNG on FT: Two hands: 88 on the Bubble. Fold/Shove?

1. Hand:

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t160 (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero (t2640)
BB (t6350)
UTG (t1525)
Button (t2985)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1525 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t1765

2. Hand

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t240 (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB (t3180)
Hero (t1785)
UTG (t6765)
Button (t1770)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t840</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t1200

How about the fold in the 2 hands? Do you push here?
No reads on the villains.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: $10 SNG on FT: Two hands: 88 on the Bubble. Fold/Shove?

I call the first hand all day. Probably fold the second unless villian has been pushing ATC, I don't want to get it on with the big stack in this situation.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Both are hugely read dependent, you know their ranges better than us. Treat #2 like a call. ICM it up.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:47 AM

With no reads whatsoever, I think I would fold in both situations. To me, both of these would depend heavily on reads and what the villains have been pushing or raising with so far, if anything. Keep in mind that in #1 you have no fold equity (you would be calling) and in #2 you have very little fold equity (villian's stack is so large, he is calling 90% of the time), so it all comes down to what you think these two are pushing/raising with. With no reads I give them the benefit of the doubt and put them on a higher pair or at least two overcards.

But surely at this stage you must have some read, no?

And also you should have gap theory in the back of your mind - you need a stronger hand to call a raise than they need to raise in the first place.

I imagine both of these would be a coinflip.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:47 AM

You're on the bubble and you have no reads? How can that happen? Were you netdead for the first 50 hands? How are you applying ICM if you don't know their calling ranges?

The first hand is difficult. I think I'd call it if I was BB, but with the big stack behind me I'm not so sure. If I repush he can afford to call this pretty loose I think. If the big stack has TAGged his way to the lead, I repush - if he's LAGged it with loose calls and a working luckbox, I fold.

Hand 2 I think you have to fold. FE is zero (unless he's raising every hand and you've seen him fold to a reraise getting a bazillion to one before - some big stacks do play like this, in which case push).