Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 08:23 AM

Default July\'s Bastille & Sevens Thread

This is the designated thread for low content posts. Any random stuff you want to talk about, moan about, be happy over, vent about and so on, but not significant enough to start a thread about, you can post here. There's no restrictions, so make it as long or short as you like.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Re: July\'s Beers & Sevens Thread

I'm so busy at work now that I'm virtually paralyzed, unable to get anything done at all.

And that's why I'm reading and posting here instead.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: July\'s Bastille & Sevens Thread

oops. I should have posted my canoe pictures in this thread and not Junes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Hi Wynton! What's happening in your world that you're so busy?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:01 AM

I'm in the middle of a fairly involved trial (though we have this July 4th week off). There are six defendants in the case, accused of a conspiracy to import weapons from eastern europe. It's a fun case, but draining.

And because of the trial, I've fallen quite behind on a lot of other stuff. So I need to use this week to catch up.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:37 AM

katy,

throat still not feeling good. i maybe slept 3 hours last night. this morning it looks a little more swollen, but hurts a little less

the problem is my saliva glands are over-compensating, creating lots of saliva to try and clean out the infection, but since i can't swallow, my mouth just sort of fills up. it's annoying as hell. hopefully i can get some antibiotics today.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:33 AM

OMG Katy-
Many years ago, my family used to canoe down the little miami about once a year. My dad and three boys. 2 canoes. (mom was a wuss. or just wanted a day off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

The river looks very high in those pictures. always hated when the river was low. Lots of scraping on rocks in the rapids.

Did you grow up in Cincy? I grew up in the Indian Hill area. Mom still lives in Milford.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Now I have a semi-brag/semi-rant to add. I was offered a a regular column in "The Champion" one of the most-read nationwide magazines for criminal defense attorneys. The offer is too good to turn down, because it will significantly increase my name recognition. But it's going to mean substantial more, unpaid work. I'm expected to write about 5-6 articles a year, amounting to between 2500-3000 words. And to make this worthwhile, the articles have to be well-done.

(Anyone know how long that amounts to anyway in pages, double-spaced? 12, 15, 20?)
Old 07-02-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you grow up in Cincy? I grew up in the Indian Hill area. Mom still lives in Milford.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Indian Hills area is posh! I seriously worry about how those people make their $15,000 mortgage payments each month.

The pictures weren't taken by me. I got those off of google image. The river was nice and high when we went since we just had a lot of rain, thank god. No scraping on the rocks going over our mini rapids. Perfect conditions for canoing and just so much fun. Really beautiful!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I have a semi-brag/semi-rant to add. I was offered a a regular column in "The Champion" one of the most-read nationwide magazines for criminal defense attorneys. The offer is too good to turn down, because it will significantly increase my name recognition. But it's going to mean substantial more, unpaid work. I'm expected to write about 5-6 articles a year, amounting to between 2500-3000 words. And to make this worthwhile, the articles have to be well-done.

(Anyone know how long that amounts to anyway in pages, double-spaced? 12, 15, 20?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh cool! I want to read your articles. Are you going by the name "Wynton"? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(unpaid? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])
Old 07-02-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(unpaid? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, unpaid because they know that there is no shortage of people who want to submit articles just for the publicity and networking opportunities.