UTG: $137
UTG+1: $24.65
MP1: $62.45
Hero: $96.30
CO: $91.70
Button: $81.70
SB: $69.55
BB: $60.25

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($16.5, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $15.7</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($47.9, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $40</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $40 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $47.9
Old 07-01-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: AA flush draw; flop+turn play

Looks fine to me.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:40 PM

Raise the flop. Many opponents will simply shut down a spade comes . You are a favorite over many of the hands that will lead out into you on this flop (wraps, two pair, KK with spades, etc) and a small dog to a set. As played the turn fold is standard without reads.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:59 PM

my reason for not raising the flop was that it was very draw heavy to the straight and i felt my just calling i could possibly entice the 3rd player to call as well and improve my odds? hu i obv push the flop

variance reduction is meaningless to me, but does this first idea have any merit?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my reason for not raising the flop was that it was very draw heavy to the straight and i felt my just calling i could possibly entice the 3rd player to call as well and improve my odds? hu i obv push the flop

variance reduction is meaningless to me, but does this first idea have any merit?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're 2-1 dog to a set, which isn't a 'small dog' at all. You're a sleight favourite over 2 pair, and certainly a 2-1 favourite over a straight draw.
However you have position over the big blind and getting another caller certainly wont harm your hand. By calling you can put the big blind in a tough position, plus learn more about his hand once the turn hits.
As it is, your opponent on the turn has a hand that he is not scared of betting here. It's safe to say at this point you will have 9 outs on average. Sometimes it will be 7 if opponent has a set, sometimes 14 if he has 2 pair and 9 if he has a straight.
I'm not a fan of shoving small edges when I have position in Omaha, I prefer using the position as opponents will make more mistakes that I will on later streets. I find it just as profitable to use my position to my advantage.
If I was out of position, I would try to get it in with that hand on the flop.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:41 PM

Raise the flop bet. If he wants to get his 60bbs in then so be it.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:09 PM

Raise flop; if a wrap wants in, he'll be in whatever odds he's getting; you don't need to get odds because you're ahead of much of his range anyway. I'm not a fan of folding the turn much at all, as played.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:43 PM

i think this fine, although i would probably stack off on the flop. you have to fold turn as you dont have the correct implied odds if you hit.....
Old 07-01-2007, 04:59 PM

Lol. 95% of players don't have a set in this spot. You're not raising this flop to push a small edge, you're raising because smoothcalling allows your opponent to play perfectly and magnifies your mistakes on the turn.

Eskimo, calling the flop to entice other callers is perfectly fine, however if you do have a read on your opponent and know he will push any turn when you have callers behind, it is better to just shove the flop.

In a really juiced up game where people may fold combos like 1 pr + a bad flush draw if you push but will push if you just call, then calling is obviously the best play.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol. 95% of players don't have a set in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

and 95% of players aren't in massive trouble either. More often than not your flipping against 2 pair on the flop. I don't see people being aggressive with a straight draw since they have to fear the flush draw taking a lot of their outs away.
If the guy has 2 pair then calling is the best play, why ruin the positional advantage you have by shoving the flop, this is playing into the hands of the player who is out of position.