Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Sunday MLB, so many juicy games!

YTD 0-0

Padres -108 on the road against the LA Dodgers

WHY: San Diego seems to have the Dodgers number at Dodger Stadium, winning 10 of their last 14 games in LA. The Padres are throwing Justin Germano who has a 1.80 ERA on the road. The Dodgers send Chad Billingsly to the mound, who hasn't made it past the 4th inning in either of his two starts. I think the Padres extend their winning streak to six games today.

Braves +110 as a road dog against the Marlins.

WHY: I think the wrong team is favored in this game. The Braves bats have been hot and the Marlins line is inflated simply because Willis is pitching, even though he has not won a start since May. I think the Braves' righty-dominated lineup will give Willis trouble. Also, the Braves have won 4 of Carlyle's last five starts, making the Braves the pick here.

Baltimore +128 at home against the Angels

WHY: The Angels offense has been terrible lately, and look for that to continue today when they go up against Jeremy Guthrie who has the 2nd best ERA in all of baseball. He's gone at least seven innings in all but one of his starts. John Lackey pitches for LA, and he's been unspectacular as of late, with a 4.91 ERA in his last four outings. He was also held back a day due to soreness in his shoulder.

Other picks I'm taking but don't have time to do in-depth write-ups for:

Rockies +120 @ Houston. Wandy Rodriguez as a favorite? Easy fade.
Diamondbacks +107 @ San Francisco. D'backs are the better team, and have the better pitcher going today. Giants have dropped 11 of their last 15. Lincecum has an ERA approaching 7 in his last six starts. I can't believe the D'backs are an underdog in this game.
Athletics +115 @ NYY. Danny Haren goes for the A's, and I can get the AL's best pitcher as an underdog?
Indians -143 vs TB. Cliff Lee has given up 3 runs or less in his last 3 starts, the Tribe have won seven in a row at home, and Tampa Bay is once again, a truly awful baseball team.

So there you have it, 7 bets on one day. But it's not very often I see so many underdogs with favorable starting pitching matchups. Let the dog days begin.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Sunday MLB, so many juicy games!

I am and was on the same side of a few of these, but man these lines suck.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:02 PM

"they've won 10 of their past 14 here" is the exact same thing as betting that black will hit on a roulette wheel cause it hit 10 of 14.

Braves bats hot? Everyone not named Renteria is ice cold this season. Just a few games ago they managed to score 1 run in 4 games and it wasn't superior pitching they were running into. They were a top 10 team in runs scored and have plummeted into 19th and I don't see a turnaround.

"Also, the Braves have won 4 of Carlyle's last five starts."
Again roulette...

Angels offense cold? 5th in MLB in runs scored. (okay they're a few games ahead in GP but definitely top 7)

TB is awful you say--you just bet against the 13th team in runs scored and against their best pitcher (who btw is better than Lee) TB isn't that bad.

Did Lee even get past the 6th after giving up 3 runs (I don't think he did). 3 runs in 5/6 IP isn't good.

Giants had the better pitcher going on the mound--stop looking at the last 2/3 starts as that doesn't mean they'll do good/suck on the next one--I trust overalls more so than just a few starts.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:41 PM

2 W 5 L?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 W 5 L?

[/ QUOTE ]

bad day.. where are your picks?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Yeah thanks for the picks and analysis Shaq, regardless of results its much appreciated. keep em coming