Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Top Two Against 90 VPIPer Without Any Reads

Hi guys, I've hit a slight downswing at MSNL and have moved down for a little while to regain my confidence. Any help with this hand is appreciated: Villain is 90 VPIP and the reason I'm at the table. This was the second hand at the table. My main question is about the river; Villain instantly minraised the flop and also instantly minraised the river. Does this look like 3-4 to you? Should I push the river? Should I have open shoved the river? Do you think there is not much value to raising here? Is our hand the nuts? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $200.00
BB: $69.10
UTG: $181.20
MP: $80.00
CO: $309.20
BTN: $210.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $2.00, BTN folds, Hero calls $1.00, BB checks

Flop: ($6) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

Turn: ($22) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, CO calls $12.00

River: ($46) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $35.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $70.00</font>

Pot Size: $151.00
Old 07-01-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Top Two Against 90 VPIPer Without Any Reads

holy [censored] isolate and push your preflop equity vs this donkey pls.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:44 AM

Certainly you can make the argument that preflop is tight. I figured I could win a big pot even if it was unraised against somebody this bad. I wanted to feel him out for an orbit or so before I started isolating out of position, but I don't disagree with you.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:43 AM

preflop- its fine, you are OOP, i'm pretty sure bukem misread hand, raising here in the sb is borderline spewy

flop - std
turn - could check or bet, w/e against this guy really
river - ez push for value, he calls with worse and if he has QJ or a set, thems the breaks
Old 07-01-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop- its fine, you are OOP, i'm pretty sure bukem misread hand, raising here in the sb is borderline spewy

flop - std
turn - could check or bet, w/e against this guy really
river - ez push for value, he calls with worse and if he has QJ or a set, thems the breaks

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much my thoughts

i would bet the turn stronger since there are so many draws and he calls the turn but he won't call a bust river, so max value turn by making it bigger
Old 07-01-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't misread. He is 90 vpip. King high kills his range, I want yummy fish hu, and my hand plays pretty with with big pretty suited cards.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:08 AM

I think you answered your question in the thread title...
Old 07-01-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience these min-raises on the river are mostly monsters and sometimes air. I don't fold here against a 90% VPIP but I don't see how a push (an additional $140) is easy. I don't think he will call with only one pair and I have a hard time putting him on a worse two pair hand. Considering the post-flop action what do you think is vlilain's range here?
Old 07-01-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience these min-raises on the river are mostly monsters and sometimes air. I don't fold here against a 90% VPIP but I don't see how a push (an additional $140) is easy. I don't think he will call with only one pair and I have a hard time putting him on a worse two pair hand. Considering the post-flop action what do you think is vlilain's range here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read the title of the thread? Villain probably doesn't even don't know the hand rankings.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:42 AM

Well, you ordinarily have to worry about only getting called by a better hand if you shove (but not here).

So shove and expect to get called with any piece of the board.

Plus, everyone at the table will think you play like this all the time and you will get paid off with your monsters accordingly.