Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Trip report: : 10 buyins in 2 hours plus bonus mspaint

So Fri night I have to be somewhere at 9, and finish work at 6. This would suck if I didn’t work next door to Sky City, where we have been playing the Cadillac of poker for well over 2 years now, and nearly all the dealers know the hand rankings. So I go play live poker for the first time in months….I don’t play on-line anymore, since 2+2ers Nath and LOLILikeBoysandGirls scammed me out of my laptop, but that’s another story.

I sit down, at a 60/100 nl table (they only spread this and 100/200 nl) at 6.30, and I seem to be the only non regular. I am in Seat 5, and seat 4 is a cool guy, student who is tight, V unlucky, and chatty so we talk all night – I ask him if these are all regulars and he says he doesn’t play much live, just 2 or 3 times a week LOL. On my left is a 40 something table captain who plays terribly, and in the 2% of hands he actually folds, helps the table by announcing the various possible hands the boards presents – usual crap.

3 hands in I pick up AA in late position – early raiser has made it 8, 5 callers. Hmm. I bet 40, figuring I will get a call if lucky. 2 callers including table captain and an Asian SUPERlagtard (ASL) and we see a flop of K77. check, check, and I am ORR EEN thinking I will see KK, AK or two folds! Obv. get called again in 2 spots, WTF!! Turn and river are a pair of golden horsehoes and I triple against ASL who shows down QK SOOOOOTED!!!!!!! and an angry muck from TC who says nice catch. Errrrr, OK sir, if you say so. Few hands later, I raise AQ in MP to 7, call from TC, and button who is a terrible newcomer. Flop comes Q66, and I start to think this may be my night! I bet 15, call call, which is not telling me much but both villains only have like 60 behind, so wtf. Turn is blah chow meow, I bet 30 and they call like we are playing limit played badly. A on the river, pot of about 140, compels me to combine all my skill, wisdom and learning in that most subtle of poker of moves……ORRR EEEEEN! TC open mucks 44 angrily, saying NICE CATCH again, and teriible newcomer slides god knows what into the muck. Then just as the dealer pushes the chips, TC starts pointing at the board, the A and my hand, saying something about a chop, and we have to pause for an instant while the dealer checks it out……………[censored]!

They open another 100/200 table, but I now have a 5 buy- in stack and have played 2 rotations, so I decide to stay the last hour or so on this table. Obviously TC moves up, along with half the table and Student guy and I crack up. He is getting whipped and rebuys a few times, so I tell him I will defend my blinds “blind” if her ever raises me, but even when it is limped to him on the button, he doesn’t take advantage. Someone in seat 8 hears this, raises to 40, then wants to enforce my blind call cause he thought it applied to the whole table – I look down at 57s, and call obv, but flop gives me no love and I fold giving him my “I folded Kings” look. He proudly tables AA. No WAAAAAAAAY you had AA?????????? OMG I am so lucky/good. I am also raising my button blind to $12, but only the dealer has noticed – it is pretty much plus EV as min-raising every flop wins it roughly 50% of the time.

Obv I get dealt AA again 5 mins later, raise to 20 and get 2 callers – random and ASLT who has moved to my left when Table Captain moved up to avoid donks like me. Flop is blah blah cheow meow but basically as dry as a nuns [censored], Random raises, I push and both call ORRR EEEEEN – meh. Side pots are created as Random is short, but amazingly AA holds up unimproved for the second time. ASLT mucks, Random shows 10 10, and dealer goes to turn over ASLT’s cards. I stop him, asking what he is doing. He says because there are sidepots we must show. I point to the 5 blacks I have shoved to cover everyone (when the new players joined I had to colour up so they could rebuy which sucks cos I was planning a “look at my stack“ photo but whatever). OK, lets show the mucked cards LOL. Oh, and this is BBV so [censored] OFF WITH YOUR ZOMG THAT’S A TERRIBLE RULING replies.

A few hands later, I have A5o in the blinds, and the hand limps along until I catch runner runner 5’s for the 72nd nuts, as there are 3 diamonds and about 6 straights out there. I think there were even some limpers from other tables in the hand, and one or 2 railbirds. Pot is about 20, I donk it, and all fold to quietly hawt asian girl in seat 1 who has struggled all night just to post her blinds in turn. She pushes for 90 or so, and I show my massive laydown to gasps. Seat 2 begins a loooong tutoring session explaining to her the various principles of pot odds, position and bet-sizing (explains it quite well actually, which made me wonder why he never raised my blind button raise once all night) After 5 mins of this, she lays a hand on his arm and says – I verrrr sorry – no Engriss and the Asian dealer cracks up.

Then I lost a hand ZOMG – QQ in EP, which sucked cos I am getting called regardless, so I may as well open shove for the blinds or a race if I want to nit it – raise to 12, ASL calls, quietly hawt calls, flop xxK, I raise 20, ASL folds, quietly hawt calls WTF? She shoves blank river, I donate and she shows QK FTW

So I need to go, I have a stack of 700, and my student mate has $40 left – He raises my big blind to 10, and I defend without looking and we see a flop of 6 3 10 rainbow. He pushes, I call and his 99 does not improve against the mighty 10 2o

Last hand I am in the big blind with Q10o, ASL raises to 12 and I make a wtf its my last hand call. Of course flop comes xJK, which sucks cos ASL (who was a cool guy to play with, just batshit insane) is looking keen and has position on me. He has rebuilt to about 220, and I am pretty nitty, so it’s tempting to say [censored] it and just book the win. But I have basically been hit in the face with the deck all night, and I am a poker god who knows all about implied odds! I check, he bets 45, I call. Turn blanks, he screws up big time and just bets 45 again – I call. River 9. Sooo beautiful – not even the scary one! I shove instantly, and he tanks, which is a slight relief. He really, really tanks, then calls. Boooyah. I flip quickly cos I am nice like that, his 2 pair hits the muck, and I rake in a $500 pot

Ok, so I lied – I cashed in just over $1100, which included the 200 I bought in for – but wtf – 2 hours of bliss. Nice people who suck at poker, and cards even Fgators could have won with. Seriously thinking of turning pro – what do you think BBV? <font color="white"> Ok – the last bit I am leveling, because there is always some n00b who comes along………….
</font>

Bonus Gobboboy post I made a while back that got no love

[url=http://imageshack.us][/url
Old 06-30-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Trip report: : 10 buyins in 2 hours plus bonus mspaint

sigh..
Old 06-30-2007, 07:42 PM

Wow I wish I had played poker while living in NZ
Old 06-30-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I wish I had played poker while living in NZ

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh i wish they had poker at skycity when i was there grrr

good report OP
Old 06-30-2007, 08:12 PM

enjoyable read. i wish i was that lucky live. i'm down £5 lifetime live, but i hardly ever play live, so it's forgivable
Old 06-30-2007, 08:26 PM

link or story to laptop scam.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:29 PM

Good read.

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t play on-line anymore, since 2+2ers Nath and LOLILikeBoysandGirls scammed me out of my laptop, but that’s another story.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened with that? You were trying to get some laptop from New Zealand to America through 2+2ers, right?
Old 06-30-2007, 08:36 PM

i started to lol at the nath scamming
Old 06-30-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good read.

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t play on-line anymore, since 2+2ers Nath and LOLILikeBoysandGirls scammed me out of my laptop, but that’s another story.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened with that? You were trying to get some laptop from New Zealand to America through 2+2ers, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

THE THIEVERY OF THOSE TWO
Old 06-30-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I catch runner runner 5’s for the 72nd nuts, as there are 3 diamonds and about 6 straights out there. I think there were even some limpers from other tables in the hand, and one or 2 railbirds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolz so good. And just when I was thinking how much is sucks that kiwi is gone and there are all these imitation, bootleg, poor man's kiwis running around.