Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 08:03 AM

Default NL25 - AQ (TPTK) against a TAG

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $21.92
BB: $28.35
UTG: $22.55
CO: $25.64
BTN: $32.06

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1.00, Hero calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($3.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, UTG calls $2.00, BTN folds

Turn: ($7.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $14.00</font>, Hero calls all-in for $11.92, UTG calls $4.92

River: ($45.09) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $45.09 ($2 Rake)

UTG is a TAG so with his pre flop raise i donīt give him credit for the straight or a two pair. So the only logical hand that beat me are QQ, KK and AA should a give him credit for these hands when he re raises?? I believe that I should call here and fold to the re raise if the stacks where deeper, any comments to my play.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: NL25 - AQ (TPTK) against a TAG

Looks like 77 or 66 to me... that's what I'd put him on if he's the type to raise any pocket pair from any position. I think A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] shoves this flop, so I probably bet a bit less on the turn because I dibt he's on a draw, and then you can fold to the shove.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:35 AM
 is offline

like robin said, looks like a 66,77 maybe 99. Those are standart raises UTG for a TAG. I would 3bet to 4$ or fold AQ against a raise from UTG. I don`t like just calling there. Also, make flop bet more, close to potsize. It`s a dangerous board with 67s out there. Fold to turn raise.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:38 AM

uh well as plyed you cant fold for 7 more .. but why did you lead flop and turn?
Old 06-30-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uh well as plyed you cant fold for 7 more .. but why did you lead flop and turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

flop: Iīm ahead of allot of hands here that villian can have raised preflop with, so why should i not bet.

turn: When he just calls the flop i don't learn much about his hand but i believe that iīm ahead here, but I agree that the bet size should a been smaller because itīs not very likely that he is drawing and it gives me the option to fold if re raised.

I donīt understand what I have to gain from checking flop and turn???
Old 06-30-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

flop: Iīm ahead of allot of hands here that villian can have raised preflop with, so why should i not bet.

turn: When he just calls the flop i don't learn much about his hand but i believe that iīm ahead here, but I agree that the bet size should a been smaller because itīs not very likely that he is drawing and it gives me the option to fold if re raised.

I donīt understand what I have to gain from checking flop and turn???

[/ QUOTE ]

villain is prob going to cbet here just about anything so by checking you get value from hands that fold to your flop bet.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:13 PM

I can't picture villain doing this with a worse Q or JJ. Why would he want to play for stacks with those hands when all you've shown is strength? I think I fold to the turn raise against most TAGs.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:17 PM

Fold,villain probably has KK,QQ or a set. And don't donkbet the flop. checkraise is better or even check/calling. With checkraise you finds out if you have him beat or not, and with check call he might second barrel more (also when he has a hand that you beat).
Old 06-30-2007, 01:38 PM

I'm curious about what people think about the best flop line to take in this hand. I pass on these hands way too much in the blinds because I don't know how to handle these situations.

If we donk, UTG raises a lot of hands out of pure reflex. If he doesn't, we still don't know much about where we stand. If we check, villain c-bets a decent number of hands, some we beat, some we don't - are we calling, raising? And if we take the c/c or c/r line, whats our plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Villain fires atleast one barrel, might second barrel depending on his holdings, QJ and KQ will often 3barrel. If you checkraise, every hand that you beat will fold, if not on flop, on turn. c/c and cr turn isn't too bad, I think? (I don't talk about this specific UTG villain now here, but generally)