Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 02:02 AM

Default is the full tilt book any good?

i was wondering what the 2+2 people thought of the full tilt book. just flipped through it at the bookstore and it looked like a mix of decent material with some of the same recycled stuff. is it worth buying?
Old 06-30-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: is the full tilt book any good?

[ QUOTE ]
i was wondering what the 2+2 people thought of the full tilt book. just flipped through it at the bookstore and it looked like a mix of decent material with some of the same recycled stuff. is it worth buying?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the rather long tread on the book in this forum might have some info on it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cliff notes though would be something like: Second best book on tournaments behind Harrington.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:48 AM

Only read the NLHE section (only section I care about) and it gets the thumbs up from me.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 PM

excerpts from chapter 2 for the structure of this book.

Chapters 3 through 10 are all about no-limit hold 'em tournaments. Chapters 3 through 5 are essays by Chris Ferguson, Howard Lederer, and Ted Forrest. Chapters 6 and 7, by Andy Bloch and Chris Ferguson, respectively, are about pre-flop and post-flop play. Chapters 8 and 9 concern how to play a big stack (by Gavin Smith) and how to play a short stack (by Phil Gordon). Richard Brodie wraps up the no-limit hold 'em chapters by applying all these concepts to online tournaments.

Chapters 11 and 12 concern other forms of tournament hold 'em. Chapter 11 explains how to adapt no-limit strategy to pot-limit hold 'em tournaments, by Rafe Furst and Andy Bloch. Chapter 12, the longest of the book, is Howard Lederer's strategy for playing limit hold 'em tournaments.

Chapters 13 and 14 cover Omaha. Mike Matusow was responsible for chapter 13 on tournament Omaha eight-or-better. Chris Ferguson wrote chapter 14 on pot-limit Omaha tournaments.

The next section of the book consists of four chapters on forms of stud poker. Chapter 15, by Keith Sexton, describes the play of stud hands in tournaments. Chapter 16, by David Grey, explains strategic concepts in seven-card stud tournaments. Chapter 17, by Ted Forrest, describes his strategy for playing stud eight-or-better tournaments. Chapter 18 was actually written by me, as a witness to a remarkable conversation between Forrest and Huckleberry Seed in the form of a razz lesson they gave me the night before that event at the 2006 World Series of Poker.