Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 06:56 PM

Default AA hand against a station

I dont know how villian got 400+ BBs deep, but I can guess... constantly hitting draws with the trash he calls with oop. He is a horribly loose player, but not overly agro. He will occasionaly make small bluff bets on the flop, but have never seen him making any big bluffs. He runs at 80/6/1.8. Yes, vpip of 80 is correct.

Hand 1 - NL25 5 handed

Hero BTN $46
Villian UTG: ~$100

Villian limps, CO limps, Hero raises to $1.75 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], SB calls, BB folds, Villian calls.

Flop $5.75, 3 players: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, Villian checks, Hero bets $4.25, SB folds, Villian calls.

Turn $14.25: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian checks, Hero bets $5, Villian calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villian checks, Hero checks.

Please note, actually pot size is smaller on all streets as i have not taken into account rake, which is fairly high at the site I play on.

My main concern here is the turn bet. Alot of the time villian may have the flush here, (or a straight), but villian peels one off the flop alot and often gives up on the turn unless he has a good hand. Also I think villian wont ever c/r me with the flush here, he will wait for the river. Also I now have the nut flush draw, so betting isn't too bad because I have outs. I just don't wanna check the turn and get faced with a large river bet from villian, and I think by betting the turn I may get villian to go for a retarded c/r on the river, but I'm obv only betting if I hit my flush.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: AA hand against a station

You have to take a guy like that to valuetown. Bet more on turn (11-12). There is no flush possible on turn, thinking of a straight there is a little paranoic. On the river I'd bet 1/2 pot.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:12 PM

Handed edited, with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on flop corrected to 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2007, 07:27 PM

Usually when I'm up against a station, I bet bigger than you did in this hand.

On the flop, for instance, I'd probably put in a full pot-sized bet.

The turn is trickier, but it does help that you think there's a good chance Villain will try to trap with a flush and will check-call turn and go for a river checkraise.

So, while I might bet less than I had planned to on a "blank" (I put that word in quotation marks since no card is a complete blank against this guy), I still like putting in a bet.

The river check seems okay to me. If you're confident that Villain is as predictable as you make him sound, though, I think betting with the plan of folding to a big checkraise is a consideration.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:39 PM

A true calling station rarely just calls when they have made the flush. I'd bet again on the river. (and I'd bet more on the other streets, too.)
Old 06-29-2007, 08:36 PM

I'd bet more on the flop and turn and value bet the river. If he raises the river, you can let your hand go if he's as passive as you say. You get looked up by 9x a ton though.

Weird thing I've noticed, these type of players love making hero calls on the river when an overcard comes because it's easier to convince themselves that you're "just bluffing the scare card"
Old 06-29-2007, 10:15 PM

I don't like the size of the turn bet at all, it is something I see a lot, the scare card hits and you don't know where you are so you bet tiny amount in comparison to the pot. If villain was any good he would raise at this point but luckily he isn't so bet more on flop, definately bet more thne turn, about 11-12 and on the river a check is ok considering your read but wouldn't be against a thin value bet either, naturally you fold to a re-raise.