UTG+1: $27.75
MP1: $13.50
Hero: $25.80
CO: $12.25
Button: $23.70
SB: $24.75
BB: $13.70

villain is 14.4/3.2/1.69 with river AF 3.67 over 1145 hands

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($5.1, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($13.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, Button calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($25.35, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button is all-in $12.45</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $12.45 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $25.35

I made a small turn bet to induce villain to continue calling with a worse jack, under the impression that he would check behind on the river. I felt it was a way to possibly get a cheap showdown and at the same time allow me to shove the river for 1/2 the pot and get called by a worse flush if I hit. Anyone disagree?

Also when I bet the turn I planned on calling an all in, anyone disagree?

Anyone dislike the river check/fold? Given villain's stats I felt like his shove is the flush very often there.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: NL25 FR: Line check up with AJ

A villan with those stats isnt calling your turn bet with a worse jack. Infact, he probaly wont call your prefop raise or your flop raise.

Check the turn, fold/call a small rivr bet
Old 06-29-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A villan with those stats isnt calling your turn bet with a worse jack. Infact, he probaly wont call your prefop raise or your flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think even a 14.4/3.2 is raising JJ preflop. If he's tight enough that he folds a jack there does he play a flush draw on a paired board with the odds I gave him? What's villain's range when he calls my flop bet, 1 combination of 33? lol..
Old 06-29-2007, 02:53 AM

I am confused. What hand do you put him on? Do really think a villan is calling you down like this and shoving with KJ or QJ?

Its obvious he has a flush draw on the flop. Probaly KQh or something. His overall AF is quite low, bit of a bitch and probaly realises you have the Ah so he wants to see the turn before shoving, he also hopes you shove the river.

Also, i dont think your getting the odds to call the turn if villan decided to shove.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Check the turn, fold/call a small rivr bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-29-2007, 10:05 AM

if we did not have the Ah i would follow teddie's line. i think are hand is way too good on turn to play it so weak. if he had a high aggro factor i would c/r all in. since he does not i would bet 3/4 pot and shove whatever we have left on river.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if we did not have the Ah i would follow teddie's line

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this.

But since we do have the Ah doesn't betting less than 3/4 of the pot seem good because we are on a draw often when called so controlling the bet amount is good? Or is the $6 bet just inviting a shove?

If we don't improve on the river whats the point of shoving whatever we have left against this villain? Isn't that just spew?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 PM

I shut down on the turn. The cold call is scary from a nit. He either has trips quads or a flush draw here 85% of the time. Your top pair is drawing on the turn. I check call a 1/2 pot or less bet trying to spike a jack or the 4th heart.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am confused. What hand do you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

When he calls my flop bet I put him on a FD, some suited jack, or once in a blue moon 33.

[ QUOTE ]
Do really think a villan is calling you down like this and shoving with KJ or QJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, once he calls me on the turn worse jacks are pretty much out of his range. On the off chance that he somehow does have a worse jack and call the turn I think he's checking through on almost all rivers.

If he shoves my turn bet I'll give him credit for a flush. I then have 7 flush outs and 4 boat outs and I'm getting a tiny bit more than 3:1 pot odds. How is folding to the turn shove correct?

Given all this, and the fact that you advocate calling a small bet on the river, I don't understand why you don't like a turn bet.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When he calls my flop bet I put him on a FD, some suited jack, or once in a blue moon 33.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so, this is why this part confused me.

[ QUOTE ]
I made a small turn bet to induce villain to continue calling with a worse jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling a turn shove is right, got my maths wrong. in that case i think i'd just shove myself. Thats the only way your going to get all of his stack, if a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3, or J drop he's probaly gonna fold the river. Dont know how advisable that is either though.