Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 03:34 PM

Default the agressive style when to play with position

hi
viallin unknow..10 handplayed vpip 20.0 pfr 10.0 agro 1.0

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

when im in position im very agressif and i need this hand to go heads up,

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

i doubt he had AJ, since he only calls i think he got high cards or QQ,

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds.

i think its a perfect card to take the pot out ,but i just think i had the best hand here anyway

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
Old 06-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: the agressive style when to play with position

What is your question?
Old 06-28-2007, 03:48 PM

I like the preflop 3 bet but after he caps I start to worry

Just call the flop.
Reasoning:
If he has AK I want him to maybe fire again on the turn, if he checks the turn we have position and can bet.

Turn and River I am bet/folding, or calling if he bets. If a K or A comes I fold to a bet or check behind.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the preflop 3 bet but after he caps I start to worry

Just call the flop.
Reasoning:
If he has AK I want him to maybe fire again on the turn, if he checks the turn we have position and can bet.

Turn and River I am bet/folding, or calling if he bets. If a K or A comes I fold to a bet or check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically I do this. I'm giving up on a turn/river A, and if I think I can, I'm probably looking to get to showdown for 1BB combined on the turn/river if a Q or K come.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:01 PM

Your preflop 3-bet was fine.

I would have just called your opponent's flop bet.

You had position, and if your opponent had AK you could have obtained more bets from him by calling again if he bet the turn and river. If he checked the turn, I would have bet.

On the other hand, if your opponent had a higher pair than your TT, then you would have lost less bets by not raising the flop.

So, this way, you should have lost less when behind, and won more when ahead.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:09 PM

i tought the flop raise was fine to conceal it by usual free card play and the turn it the flush.

i find 9.5 SB heads up pot is pretty big.i would rather try take it quickly rather then sacrifice it for 1 bet more on the turn if he get s lucky?
in the sense that if i dont show strengh he would of might call on turn and get lucky on river?
moreover,u think dropping QQ here is not possible(for ei:he has 2 Q but none with a diamond in it and he isnt sure if i have a bigger pair,AK,etc.. with a dimanond there or even set of J,etc...the way i play(typical free cards play or higher ) is impossible that QQ w/o diamond here would of fold?)
Old 06-28-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
moreover,u think dropping QQ here is not possible(for ei:he has 2 Q but none with a diamond in it and he isnt sure if i have a bigger pair,AK,etc.. with a dimanond there or even set of J,etc...the way i play(typical free cards play or higher ) is impossible that QQ w/o diamond here would of fold?)

[/ QUOTE ]
If he has QQ with no diamond, I don't think you're going to get him to fold ever, unless a A/K/diamond comes, and even then, only some of the time.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i tought the flop raise was fine to conceal it by usual free card play and the turn it the flush.

i find 9.5 SB heads up pot is pretty big.i would rather try take it quickly rather then sacrifice it for 1 bet more on the turn if he get s lucky?
in the sense that if i dont show strengh he would of might call on turn and get lucky on river?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a quick reply, as I have to go now.

First - Why would you want a "free" card on the turn ? You were not on a draw.

Second - If you had the best hand and your opponent only had a few outs, do you really want to chase him away ?

Your opponent might get lucky and outdraw you, but more often your hand will hold up, and you will win more.

May I suggest that you have a look at some of the WA/WB threads in the micro-limit library, which you might find helpful ?
Old 06-28-2007, 05:26 PM

If you have JJ instead of TT whould you still play it WA/WB? (at flop is blank insted of J)
Old 06-28-2007, 05:31 PM

well,i though my raise on the flop,trying to represent maybe 2 diamonds or high pair was a good play here since my hands is vulnerable to any Q,K,A(wich i dont know wich one of course).
i felt if i only call on flop, he wouldnt fold on turn(cause by raising ,he could think i hit a flush there or that i have AA,KK?) and he would see the river card.
i think (probably wrongly) about the, im wa/wb concept,he wouldnt make a mistake (if he saw my cards) by calling the turn bet (or if he would of bet the turn) with AK here,thinking that if he hit an A or K or Q(if he had AQ),he would win since is got the right odds(pretty close if not) because the pot is medium size for HU?

i dunno if its clear what im saying ,but i think if i only call flop and by only calling instaed of raising, make him believe i dont have 2 diamonds,and now he would think if he hit 1 of is 2 high cards on the turn or river he can wins the pot,i think he wouldnt make a mistake by c/c a turn bet to see the river?
if he knew the cards i was holding,i think he made a mistake by folding turn with the pot odds he had no?
and maybe he fold because he was afraid i already had a flush in my hand?