Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 02:28 PM

Default double shootouts

Are the double shootouts to the sunday million worth it? why or why not? Im just curious about what you guys think about these things.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: double shootouts

pretty sure i read a post in the 2+2 forums which outlined the different satellites PSTARS has and which were considered the best value, anyone have the link? -(might not have been this site but ...)
Old 06-28-2007, 03:44 PM

I think so, but double shootouts arent like normal MTT's, they are good for STT'ers
Old 06-28-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty sure i read a post in the 2+2 forums which outlined the different satellites PSTARS has and which were considered the best value, anyone have the link? -(might not have been this site but ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you're referring to Adanthar's posts in the anthology.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:01 PM

From what I understand, they're incredibly incredibly soft games, but they are MTSTT :P.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:39 PM

Double Shootouts are a bad option in my opinion. You may have that magical combination of good and lucky to get you through your first table without much problem, but the second one is full of people who did exactly what you just did... win. Therefore, you're almost always up against several people who are at least somewhat competent, if not downright talented, at SNGs. If you ask me, the $11 rebuy satellites are FAR easier to surf through for the weekly $215.

--TFGoose
Old 06-28-2007, 09:46 PM

I won my seat in the sunday million through a double-shootout. I actually like them, and have done pretty well in that format.

The first table is usually pretty easy. If it isn't a full tournament, you usually have only 4 or 5 people to beat. Just play fairly tight for the first 10 minutes and someone will usually be knocked out... Then the blinds increase (they seem to mostly turbos) and you can start getting a little more aggressive.

Once your past that table, you can rail the other tables in progress and take notes... When all the tables are finished, you move to the final table. This is a much tougher table, but hopefully you have some reads on a few of the competitors.

Here you start with a full table, so you need to be even tighter at first. A number of the players will still be in heads-up mode and will quickly donk themselves out. As the blinds increase and you get a feel for the table, you gradually become more aggressive as the players drop...

The best thing about a DS is you only have to beat like 14 or 15 players -- rather than 40 or 50 players if it was a regular satellite tournament...