Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 08:12 AM

Default And yet another bubble 45 man 3 dollar tourney

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400, ante is t25 (7 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button (t1445)
SB (t8475)
BB (t12110) tight passive/neutral
Hero (t3850)
MP1 (t640)
MP2 (t8045) tight passive/passive
CO (t2095)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, MP1 calls t615 (All-In), MP2 calls t1200, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls t800.

Flop: (t3965) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t800</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: And yet another bubble 45 man 3 dollar tourney

Preflop is bad. Putting in 31% of your stack preflop with KQo is a big leak. UTG I fold this like always preflop.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 AM

You have an M of about 5, blinds coming up next hand without vigourish, a pretty nice hand 7 handed and you have vigourish, I would definitely push here unless you really want to get in the prices, don't know what the payoutstructure is. Raising is out of the question and a mistake IMHO!!!! After the flop it is a push with two overcards and the second nut flush draw and the stack you have left and a big multiway pot where you can quadruple. You can't sincerely think of folding can you?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:37 AM

I totally agree with you, even thoough the table was as tight as well, you know, that, and I had the blinds coming up. I should mention that one of the players was sitting out, so this made the table effectively 6 man.
I exposed myself to trouble by just being to focused on my own M, and not so much on my own M in relation to other players Mīs.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:41 AM

In response to Larude, I pushed, villains show pocket 7īs and pocket 8īs, I miss turn and river and start posting on two plus two, lol.

Interesting to see you think this is a push, cos that tends to be more along my line of thought, even though I made a mistake by raising, should have been push or fold.

I really have not figured out yet if I should start focusing less on my M as a lone value, and focus more on my M in relationship to other peopleīs Mīs.

Any thought on that?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:41 AM

Your welcome still learning myself [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. My biggest leak is that I don't resteale, check/raise bluff enough. In the low MTT's I play, though I don't think it is a very big problem yet.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:47 AM

IMO KQo is not a good push here preflop 7 handed, (or even 6 handed since one is sitting out.). I would however, push it from other positions like CO and Button. Even if the blinds come up, (you will still have like 3100~ after that, and folding equity from other stacks + a tight passive big stack (who I doubt will call you preflop loose if you push) and other player stacks that are equal to yours I most definately wait and use other situations to my advantage.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your welcome still learning myself [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. My biggest leak is that I don't resteale, check/raise bluff enough. In the low MTT's I play, though I don't think it is a very big problem yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, okey I thought it was a reply to me hehehe, little mistake. Then in answer to your question ofcourse you have to consider the M's of other players, seeing how easy it is going to be to steal (medium stacks are optimal to steal from). Now you say one of the stacks was sitting out (if it was the one on the BB it is def. a steal but he wasn't). I wouldn't care about MP1 or the button to much. MP2 and the CO and SB are under real pressure having also a low M so they won't move in quickly without a really good hand (CO is also tight as you say). Only the BB poses a real threat but if he calls and loses it will also mean a large chunk of his stack if he looses, so don't expect him to call with anything less then TT++, AQ++. In the end I think moving all-in here is a nobrainer with the blinds coming up next hand and an M of 5 and the vigourish and I nice hand so I totally disagree with one saying that you should fold this to put some heat into this subject [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 06-28-2007, 09:28 AM

Interesting reading Larude, letīs see i I get more answers here, because there seems to be a big difference in opinion by the two people that reacted to this post. Thanks for your answer.