Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Default worth call down on turn?

hi

Low sample
Villain vpip 11.1, PFr 0.0, agro 3.0

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 :#A500AF(MP)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP1 :#A500AF(MP)/ calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

im like,is got a K or flush draw or 1 already but maybe with low connectors?,since my J aint so bad i decide to call turn

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

i just cant fold here right?if i wouldnt of improve here i think i would just of fold,but i did improve(not much but still)

River: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

i couldnt bet

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
Old 06-27-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: worth call down on turn?

this line is ok...alternatively:

c/c turn...b/c the river against most.
because you're not leading or CRing the turn this river line will get looked up by many worse hands.

also dont post the entire hand history...stop at key decision points or you will bias responses.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 PM

How do you even think about folding on the turn?? There are only 2 cards that beat you (with villains stats, str8 flush is out of the question). What do you mean you didn't improve much?? Seeing monsters? Bet the darn turn. You missed a couple of BBs here.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:58 PM

*Grunch*
There are 46 cards left in the deck on the turn. 2 of them beat you. If you're looking for better odds to bet then you're in for a rough time. Please bet next time.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*Grunch*
There are 46 cards left in the deck on the turn. 2 of them beat you. If you're looking for better odds to bet then you're in for a rough time. Please bet next time.

[/ QUOTE ]\

leading the turn doesnt have a lot of value against good players however.

c/c turn and b/c river is better imo
Old 06-27-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c turn and b/c river is better imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Why people like out-of-tempo plays so much???
Old 06-27-2007, 01:30 PM

I like this hand as it was played.

I would not bet the turn. I think that a worse hand would often fold, but you would be raised if your opponent had the nut flush.

I would not really want to fold to a turn raise, so for the same possible 2 bets you can see a showdown by calling down.

I also prefer check/calling the river to bet/calling. Thats because if you bet/call, I expect that you will win 1 bet when your hand is best, but lose 2 bets when you are beaten.

If it was unlikely that your opponent would raise the river if you were beaten, I would prefer bet/calling to check/calling to get value for the times that your hand was best. However, I dont think that was likely to happen here.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:44 PM

I don't care how you do it but you should get as much money as possible in that pot. Donk turn, c/r turn, c/c turn and raise river, whatever. Just don't play it as OP. He loose at least 1BB each time he plays like that.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:19 PM

for those u said i played too passively;
the guy is pretty tight,i showed big strengh preflop and flop on a very dangerous board and he raised me,not a loose agressif guy!!the guy never raised preflop yet and is 11.1 preflop for vpip,what u think he called with..

im just saying and i totally agree with fantam:
"I would not bet the turn. I think that a worse hand would often fold, but you would be raised if your opponent had the nut flush"

and for that comment:"Just don't play it as OP. He loose at least 1BB each time he plays like that. "

maybe for u but for me,im far from a big favorite here..

(unless ure just speaking of the river check,but even there a tight guy(vpip :11.1) would of cold call with a hand of T high and lower(ie:T9s,etc i doubt it),unless he had a pocket pair,but a tigth passif player wouldnt of just raise like that with only a pair i think unless he had like pocket Q,K,A with a club in it ?).
Old 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM

Montre you need to start putting hand counts on your stat reads. 11 vpip over 20 hands is a lot different than over 200.

It also would be bad to fold this turn. 3rd nuts is always worth a show down at the micros HU. With this guys aggro rating there are lots of hands he is playing this way that you are ahead of. Especially if villain is observant and has seen you playing your nitty poker.