Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 08:55 AM

Default 99 OTB

opponent is 19/11/3.4 over 1328 hands

I usually reraise preflop.
Should I make a stopbet on turn and check behind river?
I should probably fold this river though.. although there is a missed flushdraw.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($110.30)
SB ($153.35)
BB ($49.40)
UTG ($140.55)
MP ($140.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($9) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, UTG calls $13.

Turn: ($49) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($49) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $32</font>, Hero calls $32.

Final Pot: $113
Old 06-27-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Re: 99 OTB

reraise to $22 on flop.
Continue out a bet on turn $37.
check river.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 AM

Rivercall is more marginal than it looks. The board isnt a good spot for him to bluff a missed draw(noone folds a boat) and i imagine him having TT+ here alot, there arent alot of hands in a UTG opening range that contains an eight either.

Also it would be interesting to hear someones elses thoughs on a turnbet.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 AM

"I usually reraise preflop."

meh, marginal.. no need to defend yourself.

"Should I make a stopbet on turn and check behind river?"

If we're only considering if we should block him from bluffing on the river, I don't think so. I think this is more hand where inducing bluffs from missed draws is good.

However, I believe *protecting* against draws is our primary concern on the turn as your hand is probably good here. Therefore I think you should bet about $30, a nice protection size bet that he will chase with a number of draws but you're not going to give him any money if he hits.

It is most likely the way you play your strong hands as it is a good bet to build the pot and get the rest of your money in on the river. This should result in him being somewhat reluctant to CR bluff you. However if he is prone to doing this, making your bet about $35 would be better.

"I should probably fold this river though.. although there is a missed flushdraw."

I think you have now induced a bluff from a missed flush draw, or bad value bet with an 8. I think it is slightly +EV to call without specific reads on his play.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:08 AM

Call the flop ... chcek the turn and river decision probably fold ... think he is valuebetting his TT JJ because he knows you would reraise preflop with TT JJ QQ KK AA?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:16 AM

UTG I think he has a very tight raising range. I like your flop raise And I don't think he would call the flop with overcards without a flushdraw, and with a flush draw he's probably reraising.

Once he calls flop I think you can put him on a hand like TT or JJ. He doesn't have A8 coz he isn't raising that UTG.

Therefore I check turn and fold river.