Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 06:05 AM

Default NL50 - flopped 2 pair against loads of aggression

I reraised on the flop to see where I was. Was the bet too large? If I did raise that much was I committed to the reraise all-in or can I still fold?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $15.25
Hero (BB): $50.00
UTG: $89.70
BTN: $24.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, SB calls $4.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $17.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $89.20</font>, SB calls all-in for $10.75, Hero ?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: NL50 - flopped 2 pair against loads of aggression

SB seems to read like a flush draw, any set/2pair/high PP he would have 3bet.

Any reads on UTG? Depending on what kinda of player he is this could range from overcards to A10 to a set.

Without any reads I like a call here. The larger majority of hands UTG could have we're beating. Personally I'd put him on a high pocket pair here despite the open limp pf, probably AA KK. I don't think A10 is likely since he's showing alot of aggression, and sets are equally unlikely as the only really possible one is 1010. This really smells like a "lol i have aces triked you!" play, lay down the hurt and smile.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:53 AM

A read would be really helpful here. A lot of people will play AA/KK like this, but that is still a lot of aggression from UTG. There aren't many 2-pair combos in either player's range, so that means that all you're scared of is a set.

I don't know, readless I'm going to fold here, even though I'm not too happy about it. When you're behind you're basically drawing dead, and when you're ahead you will still get outdrawn a lot in this 3-way pot. You're banking on both players overplaying an overpair/top pair or being on draws, AND their draws not hitting. Even when SB is drawing and UTG has something like AA or AT, you're a dog to win, so I think you can muck it and move on.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:58 AM

first i'd raise a bit less - maybe to like 14-15.

It's really hard to put UTG on a hand... limp UTG and then all that action on the flop? I have to put him on slowplayed aces/kings or a set. The only set I can put him on are 2's, and there are already 3 out there, so I think you're good here. I'd call. You are probably up against an overpair from UTG and some draw from SB
Old 06-27-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first i'd raise a bit less - maybe to like 14-15.

It's really hard to put UTG on a hand... limp UTG and then all that action on the flop? I have to put him on slowplayed aces/kings or a set. The only set I can put him on are 2's, and there are already 3 out there, so I think you're good here. I'd call. You are probably up against an overpair from UTG and some draw from SB

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I raised a bit too much here. I got lazy and just hit the bet pot button. Interesting on people's feelings here. True there are 2 others in the pot but one can practically be discounted.

Anyhow I folded in the end even though I hated it. It was just too aggressive to seem like a bluff or "just" a pair.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 PM

so what did he have?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 PM

tough one.. I guess without reads I will call here.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what did he have?

[/ QUOTE ]

He turned over trip 7s. Irrelevant of the outcome I just wanted to make sure I was making the correct laydown but it seems others would have called.

I'm not normally a weak player so I hated the fold.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not normally a weak player so I hated the fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...my biggest weakness is I forget there is a fold button.