Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 11:05 PM

Default im getting lectured alot at the tble how would you respond if at all

im playing between 10 rebuy and 50 regular on ft and im getting lectured all the time in mid to late stages for open raising and then calling an all in w k 10 or ace 7 suited bc im getting around 2 to 1 or better. i hate being lectured at the tbl. what should i say if anything......or maybe i am the donkey they say.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: im getting lectured alot at the tble how would you respond if at all

just mute everyone and it will take care of them... your play is way to general to commit on an example would help
Old 06-26-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: im getting lectured alot at the tble how would you respond if at all

I reply with the following:

"Table-coaching is punishable by permanent revocation of chat privileges".
Old 06-26-2007, 11:20 PM

I keep the chat off most of the time.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:06 AM

Personally,I keep the chat off at all times.Certainly wouldn't respond by explaining pot odds etc. If people berate you for calling when you obviously are getting the right odds....GOOD!!!

You don't want them to learn,you want them to keep giving you their money!! I understand your frustration,I play mostly live,and it's never fun to be lectured as you say,but I'm confident enough in my own play to just ignore them when they start up....either that or go buy an ipod.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:08 AM

HH?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: im getting lectured alot at the tble how would you respond if at a

Oh what fun is turning the chat off. I like to play with them...say stuff like "How can I fold an ace?" and my personal favorite "but they were suited." If they want to start calling me a donkey I'm happy to play it up, aware of the fact that I need to tighten up PF. However, I can try more stuff postflop, because they're like "he could have anything." People at the table thinking I suck is good for business, so I welcome it even if a part of me wants to tell them how great I think I am.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: im getting lectured alot at the tble how would you respond if at a

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] at "but they were suited"!!!!! That's just awsome. If I ever end up at a table with you I'd turn my chat back on!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate being lectured at the tbl. what should i say if anything......or maybe i am the donkey they say.

[/ QUOTE ]

My avatar on FT is the Donkey. Whenever I'm accused of a donkey play I respond "hence the avatar." That normally shuts them up. Truth in advertising and all. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 01:13 AM

good responses guys thx