Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 09:56 PM

Default wich is better bet for value or induce bluff?

hi

villain vpip 14.3, pfr 7.3, aggro1.3

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

i think its standart here,c/r to see if is got an A?

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

he doesnt have one or AQ AJ i guess or the usual high pair

River: (4.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

now here,do i let him bet is "weak A" or high pair? or should i bet.
i dunno but i dont think i miss a raise here right since is pretty tight anywya and he should have a god hand?
i would of raise vs a loose or agressive player but then again i wouldnt of been in that position vs those loose player since i would of bet the turn and river anyway...

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

after the coment below i decide to put the stas of the table:22.1 vpip,9.1 aggro 1.8
Old 06-26-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: wich is better bet for value or induce bluff?

This hand is played sort of backwards!! You prolly should raise PF unless it's a tough tight aggressive game (in that case you should leave, well I would anyway!)

There's no reason to get scared on the turn just bet it. And then lead river if turn not raised.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:09 PM

raise PF u mean 3bet the late guy or just raise instaed limping?

cause i wouldnt 3-bet OOP vs that guy with AJ i think
Old 06-26-2007, 10:10 PM

open raise
Old 06-26-2007, 10:16 PM

i dunno on this table if its good raise with AJ,if im raise im almost probably beat or = and im OOP,i would rather play it low profile and hope weaker hand would just limp on this tight table..
Old 06-26-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno on this table is its good raise with AJ,if im raise im almost probably beat or = and im OOP,i would rather play it low profile and hope weaker hand would just limp on this tight table..

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is a tough tight table u should fold &amp; find a better table.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:28 PM

GIB,if u do that:If this is a tough tight table u should fold &amp; find a better table.

how would u ever move up in limit?especially at .50/1...

rather start at that cheap level for tough table to learn even more when it cost little ,then try to learn to beat tough table when u reach 3/6....
Old 06-26-2007, 10:34 PM

so u don't think table selection exists above &amp; beyond 50/1?

Fine play at those sorts of tables if that takes ur fancy, but if you want to make more $$ find better ones.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno on this table if its good raise with AJ,if im raise im almost probably beat or = and im OOP,i would rather play it low profile and hope weaker hand would just limp on this tight table..

[/ QUOTE ]

The AJo debate rages on. It doesn't matter so much, but I default with raising at most online games and limping live (because you get coldcallers far more often).

Just pick one and stick with it while you learn. After you've played a while, switch it up and see what happens. After a little study, you should be able to have a sense of the important factors that swing it one way or the other.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:47 PM

montreal, one reason for raising this preflop is BECAUSE you are OOP and you dont want to get isolated and forced off your hand. ie youll get outplayed and forced out of the pots by weaker hands than you give your opponent credit for.

Do you understand what people mean when they say "raise preflop and the hand plays differently"?

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno on this table is its good raise with AJ,if im raise im almost probably beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, a decent player will try and isolate you with more hands than you think but will only 3 bet you with a narrower range. When he 3 bets you have a MUCH Better idea as yo where you are at.

Hypothetical. I would isolate you with KJs or KQs when you limp that AJo but I would probably fold those if you raise. Then, when you limp/call well guess what.....you just let me win when flops is stuff like Kxx, Qxx and youll be in a world of pain when the flop is like KJx, QJx. Furthermore, Im probably going to cbet ALOT and thus make you fold when the flop is all non face cards or scary to you, regardless of whether I hit it or not. Open limping AJo sucks IMO.

Basically, your going to be put in lots of tough spots when you limp (AJo) UTG.