UTG+1: t3836
MP1: t4785
MP2: t1540
MP3: t12255
CO: t4120
Button: t5592
Hero: t7630
BB: t3240

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to t720</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t2120</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls t1400 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t3185)</font>.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t4705, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets t2160</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: t2160 returned to MP3.

Results:
Final pot: t4705

Middle-midend of tournament my stack is about 1.5k larger than average.

Villain was 20/3/1.2 over 90 hands. How did I play this hand? Should I have reraised more pf or maybe even thought about just calling? On the flop do I absolutely have to fire a cb with my reraise preflop? I was sitting decent in chips and a cb would have crippled me where as if I check to him and see where it goes I'm still in decent shape if I decide he has ak(which it looks like to me) and let it go. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: $10 QQ in small blind

He is the chipleader but he would be trying to get really fancy if he has not JJ++, AK when he calls you (also seen his small raising range preflop). So on this flop I would say you are beaten most of the time. Yeah you could stick in a CBet but that cripples you for another 2000 or something more, with a big chance you are beaten so I don't mind your line. I could also see an argument for just calling and play some postflop poker; no one else will be contesting here (with QQ, I don't think it is that big kind of a deal to be OOP). Raising All-in would be my least preferable move, because MP3 isn't going to call with worse hands I guess; a 50/50 shot would also cripple him. Yeah in the end I think calling is better, because your reraise pretty much commits you if low cards fall, by just calling you might just get away with it if you read him for an overpair postflop.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:51 AM

You re-raised t2120 when the pot was t1305. I think this amount is exaggerated. The only hands that will be in the hand right now are AA, KK, QQ or AK, unless your playing against a donkey that would call this overbet with AJ.

In this case I don't mind to just call, because I don't mind to play my Queens against only one player (the BB is the small stack and I will call even if goes all-in).

When you raised to t2120 pre-flop and you got called you should know you were against a big hand. So check and fold is the right move with the King on the flop.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:57 AM

I think rr PF then c/f this flop is awful.

I lead the flop for 3k and call a shove.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think rr PF then c/f this flop is awful.

I lead the flop for 3k and call a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, something has gone very wrong in this hand to put in 30% of your chips and then CF a single overcard flop. I'd probably just shove pf. On the flop, you're looking for ways to get the rest in so check is good but you need to follow this with call.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:22 AM

You have to raise preflop. You don't want to play qq OOP. I don't think you raised enough pre. I'd raise anywhere from 3-4k, and push any flop.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:21 PM

Relatively new to the forums and was wondering what's meant by the villian being "20/3/1.2" over 90 hands. I know it has to do with hands played and raising, just need a full understanding. Thanks!

And as for the tough QQ spot, IMO I think the villian could be playing big stack poker as you could include floating your raise with a hand like KQ if he puts you on a mid-pair. I'm definitely not checking this flop, and a shove pre-flop does give max FE out of 55-1010, KQ, AJ, etc. But you're definitely not raising 30% of your stack to fold with one over on the board, and I don't mind possibly playing some post-flop poker here either.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:37 PM

20/3/1.2 is short for:

20 VPIP (voluntarily put $ in pot): this means that villain puts money in pot without being forced to as in the SB or BB

3 PFR: preflop raise percentage

1.2: overall agression as determined by some arcane math

these are PokerTracker stats that you can overlay on your screen with PokerAce HUD (heads up display). The stats are supposed to give you an idea of how villain is playing. I say supposed because with small sample sizes and altering conditions in tourney play, I've found them less useful in tournament play than in Limit HE (where, after abou 100 hands, they do give a good idea of how villain is playing).
Old 06-26-2007, 12:51 PM

Thanks! That helps [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM

Unfoldable hand. OOP. Standard reraise to 2.5-3K commits you to calling a push with any hand you'd reraise with ====&gt; just shove it preflop