Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Any better line for my AQ here?

Hey guys!
Villain is 20/13/1.5 over only 100.
He seems reasonably aggressive and i think he knows what hes doing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] after this hand he told me i coulda played this better and i woulda gotten his stack if i did?!
comments on every street are welcome. i didn't reraise pf due to pot control out of position [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
please help me out here

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $83.03
Hero (BB): $85.50
UTG: $87.59
BTN: $123.12

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

Turn: ($12.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $21.00</font>, BTN calls $15.00

River: ($54.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $58.50</font>, BTN folds

Pot Size: $112.75
Old 06-25-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Any better line for my AQ here?

bet 25 on the river. Any Q will RR AI. I like a donk bet on the flop sometimes as he will RR you often w/ JJ KK etc. and you can call and c/r AI on the turn. Your turn C/R gives away your hand so I would just bet 1/2 the pot and hope for some value.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:05 PM

i think c/r flop is best here. he either has a Q or not and you probably wouldn't get more money from him unless he's got it - so get more money in there, esp since you are semi-deep.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:13 PM

I'll go with reraise preflop. Calling here is terrible. check/raise the flop instead of the turn or just lead/call and c/r the turn.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:59 PM

I think villain played this like a total clown. Calling your turn c/r withouy a Q just sucks balls. I think this helped hero extract extremely well here IMO.

I'm often tempted to lead flop here against good players. Bad players are scared of a Q, but good players refuse to be afraid and less likely to think you'll donk with a Q. So if they raise we're building a nice pot. Maybe even Stack a Donk comes into play.

Generally, I dislike passive, check-raisey lines, but think hero did well here and villain very badly.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think villain played this like a total clown. Calling your turn c/r withouy a Q just sucks balls. I think this helped hero extract extremely well here IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]i think hero got lucky here that the button called the turn, this is just a hand in a vacuum and against a villain with decent stats like in this example I think c/r on the turn gives him a better opportunity to get away from his hand if it had showdown potential.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:18 PM

3bet PF, CR flop, lead turn, value bet river.

Yeah, I think you played it pretty incorrectly.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:33 PM

Well you are out of position. Now you flopped a set. No draws, pot is small, there is a good change that your opponent will make a continuation bet. Slowplaying is an option. Turn was a 4. That was a blank card. You checked and he bet. A huge raise by you and a call? What could he have JJ, KK, Q no kicker? A on the river. That is a scare card.
Now you need to figure out how much could you milk him for?
You bet 58.50$ to 54.25$ pot. Overbet and an obvious Q. You won't get called by neither of those hands your opponent could have. So I woulda shoved like 15$ just for him to call or maybe even bluff raise.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:33 PM

id 3bet this everytime pf. pot control OOP?? doesnt make since to me. Your line screams trips IMO. i dont think your goin to get much value out of this guy anyways but id probably led flop if he raises id just call then i wouldnt mind a c/r on turn. This line screams trips as well but i think you gain a little more value. TBH this all seems weird to me cause id 3bet this everytime which changes the hand completely.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TBH this all seems weird to me cause id 3bet this everytime which changes the hand completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm not sure there's any way to play it if you don't 3bet PF that doesn't scream trips.

But a $25 river value bet is definitely in order as played